This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carjacking

Just wondering what everyone's thoughts were on so called carjacking. In the area where I live, three people were carjacked by a nineteen-year-old over a period of months. He threatened them with a fake gun and used some violence. In one instance there were others involved. He's just been sentenced today for an indefinite period.

I live in the area that was targeted by this youth, and I'm often out washing the Astra VXR at the back of the house or arriving home very late at night to put it in the garage. I'm over 6ft tall and around 220 lbs and I can handle myself pretty well although I wouldn't say I was a big hitter. I have to say that if I was suddenly confronted with a hooded and masked low-life armed with a knife or gun demanding the keys to my pride and joy I would, I believe stand my ground.

My sister had a tracker fitted to her car for the very reason if her car was carjacked. She would put up no resistance whatsoever if someone wanted to take her car in this way.

I wonder just how other VXRians would react to a carjacking. What would you do or indeed have done?

It aint worth it... Never put up any resistance, he you hit them, you could be up for assualt (I know, Human Rights protecting the criminal is a joke).

As you have highlighted yourself, if the car is tracker it up, the police will then have a chance to catch the ******, and may also bust a major criminal ring and your car may be returned undamaged as it would probably not been involved in a persuit.

Hopefully PD or AO is still lurking and may provide a more suitable opnion

Comment

My mate knows about this and this is what he says:

The law says you can use as much force as necessary to protect life and property. The force you use must be proportionate and appropriate to that which is presented.

There is a fine line between defending yourself (hitting someone while they are hitting you) and assaulting someone (hitting someone just after they have hit you when there MAY (note MAY) have been no need. If you can justify a pre-emptive strike or the need to further defend yourself (a genuine held belief of further attack/vulnerability) then so be it.

Remember though anything you do will need to be explained to police in the long run, and it may be that despite your actions being lawful, you may still be arrested in order to investigate the circumstances effectivly. Thats not to say you will be arrested > charged > court > convicted, it just means that everyone is treated impartially and accounts are formally recorded via taped interview. If it turns out your actions are justifiable no further action will be taken.

Witnesses and CCTV evidence are key, one word against another is likely to end up in court.

Dont ever carry anything for self protection/defence, ANYTHING can be an offensive weapon if it is made, adapted or intended to cause injury. (i.e an bottle of wine if your sole reason of possession is self defence).

Comment

At night when I'm on my own I drive with dead locked doors. If I was in the car and the guy was at the front end or side waving a gun...
        a: i would be very scared but
        b: - baz will prob vouch for this I would just put my foot down and either run him over or speed away injuring him or not.
        c: if i was out of the car and he tried something I would chuck the keys in one direction and run with my mobile and bag with another.

I know this is prob wrong but I believe a female cud use more force on a male suspect and get less said than say a 6ft bloke built like a brick house.

Luckily i live on a RAF base so my only fears are when im out at nite on my own.

Comment

Sorry to say but if someone tried anything like that on me i would stand my ground. The 'low-life' would have to actually shoot me before i would give in to them and they would have to take me aswell as the car. Thats why the scum on this earth do it - beacuse they get away with it! They all need a bloody good hiding thats what i say.

Comment

Originally posted by Emma
            Sorry to say but if someone tried anything like that on me i would stand my ground. The 'low-life' would have to actually shoot me before i would give in to them and they would have to take me aswell as the car. Thats why the scum on this earth do it - beacuse they get away with it! They all need a "covered in blood" good hiding thats what i say.
            I agree - Baz has seen my temper with men when they don't take no for answer for something simple. He caught fist mid air on one incident. I certainly would stand my ground as far as I could. But if it was looking sour i would just rather hand over keys than die.

Comment

Note to self....Don't **** off Mel

Comment

True - car or your life?? Think we know the answer.

Comment

Originally posted by BO55 VXR
                  I'm 99.9% certain you would never pi$$ me off enough for me to take a swing I normally yell before then and then if you carry on... Worsy on the other hand :wink: Also I don't think you are that way inclined not to take no for an answer

Comment

Originally posted by VXR - xtc
                    Originally posted by BO55 VXR
                    I'm 99.9% certain you would never pi$$ me off enough for me to take a swing I normally yell before then and then if you carry on... Worsy on the other hand :wink: Also I don't think you are that way inclined not to take no for an answer
                    worsy what ?????

i know what i would do and that would be too put my keys into his low life face i have worked hard for 28 yrs and dont intend to let some little **** take what i have earned away , i have had people rob me before eg burglary and my ex babysitters b/f let his mates in my house and robbed my money and my baby daughter's ( at the time she's 12 now ) gold bracelet , i eventually caught him after trying to run him over twice and putting a brick thru his window of his home i broke his nose and knocked 2 of his teeth out , the last i heard he ended up inside a junkie , he never grassed me up cos he knew he would have got more , sorry if this offends people , but why should anyone take what is yours , ps the burglar got battered ( literally) in a chippy by a mate i dont condone violence but i do believe you should protect what is yours
                    sigpic
                    stealth no more but beware of the silver lightning GSI with vxr power
                    M.U.F.C.
                    http://www.courtenaysport.co.uk/

Comment

Originally posted by worsy

worsy what ?????

i know what i would do and that would be too put my keys into his low life face i have worked hard for 28 yrs and dont intend to let some little **** take what i have earned away , i have had people rob me before eg burglary and my ex babysitters b/f let his mates in my house and robbed my money and my baby daughter's ( at the time she's 12 now ) gold bracelet , i eventually caught him after trying to run him over twice and putting a brick thru his window of his home i broke his nose and knocked 2 of his teeth out , the last i heard he ended up inside a junkie , he never grassed me up cos he knew he would have got more , sorry if this offends people , but why should anyone take what is yours , ps the burglar got battered ( literally) in a chippy by a mate i dont condone violence but i do believe you should protect what is yours
                      Good on you... I was brought up to protect myself and protect what I own. by anyway shape or form.

Go worsy

Comment

cheers mel i was brought up that way , if you stole anything you got a crack round the head it's too soft these days the country is ruled by too many dogooders
                        sigpic
                        M.U.F.C.

Comment

Originally posted by worsy
                          cheers mel i was brought up that way , if you stole anything you got a crack round the head it's too soft these days the country is ruled by too many dogooders
                          I kno... bring back proper punishment.

Comment

definately, me for prime minister i would sort this country out shape up or ship out would be my motto and bring back public stoning in trafalgar sq every sunday
                            sigpic
                            M.U.F.C.

Comment

Worsy I am the last to disagree with you but please be careful what you write on here :wink: would hate for a fellow VXRian to fall foul to a "belated allegation" ... :wink:

Comment

Working...
                              X