This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V-Car

Ok.... We've (me and hubbie) have seen a very nice second car but it is a "V-Car"

We know that means it was a insurance write off - basically insurance wrote the car off instead of paying for repair even if it was repairable...

The question is....

1, Does this affect your insurance... need to be declared?
    2, Should we stear well clear?
    3, Is there any specific paperwork we should look at/ask for when looking at the car?

Any help or comments would be handy.

does anybody know?

Comment

To be honest with you both I think I'd leave it and look for something else, yes it might look nice and and all okay on the surface, but I think insurance would be higher, but you don't know what might come out the woodwork so to speak further down the road and could end up turning into a nightmare...

Just MHO....

I've a very nice VW R32 if your interested.... :wink:

Comment

Sweet mate I will leave it alone. Was edging that way anyway :-)

Oh your R32.... Give ya 2500 for

Comment

Yea stay well clear, as had been said it might be OK at the moment but further down the line.............

You two not found a Super Touring V6 yet?

Comment

Nah not yet but we went to look at a GSI today. The guy was obvoiusly trying to get rid of a nail coz the engine was gutless. I have owned a V6 Vectra and know howe they perform, this GSI went 0-60 in about 10 seconds?!?!?! didnt even push you back into your seats. I politely said thank we will let you know.

Has anybody got a GSI or ST for sale 2500k????

Please help!! :-)

Comment

our lass has my old veccy that i put a gsi motor in and iwas shocked at how slow it was.

all that ****ing about for nothing.

you should easy get a gsi for 2500. my mates just got a minter and i mean mint with a few mods for 3k
              stage 2 vxr

[email protected]

Comment

Spose I will never find a car for 2.5k that gives me the same thrills as the Astra

Comment

Originally posted by bazwaterboy
                  Spose I will never find a car for 2.5k that gives me the same thrills as the Astra
                  Trabant... :wink:

Comment

evo 2's are knocking off for around 3k now in places. high mileage though

like this classic

still, 70,000 miles on a K, where my 53 plate astra has 63,000 lol

Comment

Originally posted by VXRich

like this classic

Thanks Rich, ... on a plus side think we have found a car... veccie gsi in black!!!! just gotta check her out but the photos look promising.

Comment

Originally posted by VXR - xtc

like this classic

Thanks Rich, ... on a plus side think we have found a car... veccie gsi in black!!!! just gotta check her out but the photos look promising.
                        make sure u check the rear manifold for cracks any thing even a faint blowing sign from rear bank give it pass lookin a about £1000 to put it right. ps its very common problem on V6's

www.courtenaysport.co.uk/ For all your tuning needs

Comment

Thanks Dave. Will give that a very big once over :wink:

Comment

while your giving once overs..... :wink: :wink:

hehe, only kidding

Comment

while your giving once overs..... :wink: :wink:

hehe, only kidding
                              So many comments... so many puns!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X