X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Specs in Blackwall Tunnel

From Tyresmoke forum

There are now small undetectable specs cameras (average speed detection cameras) sited in both the north and south bore of the Blackwall tunnel. The speed limit for the tunnels are 30mph northbound and 40mph southbound.

It would appear that TFL have implemented it. Any offences for speeding through the tunnel would be raising funds of £100 per offence or £50 if paid promptly. They have not installed signs warning drivers of this speed trap and therefore would not be looking to hit drivers with a licence endorsement, just take the money from you.

This information has been verified by the police and tunnel maintenance workers who wish to remain anonymous. Beware.
    2007 Audi RS4 - sold 2008

whatever next the goverment is trying to screw us for every penny :?
    sigpic
    stealth no more but beware of the silver lightning GSI with vxr power
    M.U.F.C.
    http://www.courtenaysport.co.uk/

Comment

Without warnings they cant hit you - no offence but you say verified by the police - who? PC Plod?

Comment

was near there this morning but came off at the old ford and went over to stephney it was cool tho i was in my van that aint that quick
        sigpic
        M.U.F.C.

Comment

Originally posted by VXR_James
          Without warnings they cant hit you - no offence but you say verified by the police - who? PC Plod?
          info from tyresmoke ... speed and try ..... let us know the results

Comment

Unless there are Speed Camera signs up they can't touch you, at least thats what I believe is the case...

Comment

Originally posted by Andyuk911
              Originally posted by VXR_James
              info from tyresmoke ... speed and try ..... let us know the results
              Woo thanks for the update....Yet another Tyresmoker on here....thats 3 of us then...

Comment

update

Hopefully we can clear this up once and for all, after hearing the same rumour recently on "another forum" I spoke to a good friend of mine who is incharge of a maintenance shift in the tunnel, the FACTS are that yes a new camera system has been installed which acts in a similar way to SPECS but importantly is not specs, it reads the rear number plates (and has been tested with motorbikes) close to the entry and exit points of each tunnel, it can be linked to the ANPR system and may well be used in the future for that purpose, it completed it's final sign off tests within the last couple of weeks and is now live. However it is not type approved (yet) for speed monitoring even though it does it very well and accurately and as such nothing that it records can or will be used for any prosecutions for speeding (again yet), it is intended as a monitoring system to monitor traffic flow and average speeds in the same way that TM does, it then gives the control room more information about how effective things like "tidal flow" are. He also added that he only gave it a few weeks tops before it packed up as the rats will have eaten it and nothing in the tunnel bloody works anyway.

Comment

whgat does "covere din blood" mean anyway

Comment

Its an auto forum censorship thingy. Its to stop us saying "b.l.o.o.d.y"

Comment

Oh "covered in blood" hell, should have "covered in blood" known.

Comment

exactly but i thinks its a bit over the bloody top now isnt it, i never considered bloody to be bloody cursing, now **** on the other hand!

Comment

Originally posted by Aussie
                          exactly but i thinks its a bit over the "covered in blood" top now isnt it, i never considered "covered in blood" to be "covered in blood" cursing, now **expletive deleted by Admin** on the other hand!
                          even you dont get to swear eh aus ?
                          sigpic
                          M.U.F.C.

Comment

**** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** bloody

i guess not

Comment

Originally posted by Aussie
                              **expletive deleted by Admin** **expletive deleted by Admin** **expletive deleted by Admin** **expletive deleted by Admin** **expletive deleted by Admin** **expletive deleted by Admin** **expletive deleted by Admin** **expletive deleted by Admin** **expletive deleted by Admin** **expletive deleted by Admin** "covered in blood"

i guess not
                              hmmm is that cos we stuffed ya at cricket lol
                              sigpic
                              M.U.F.C.

Comment

Working...
                              X