This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• have a read of this, SEAT 2.0T problem

well read this thread and was shocked, hope Vaux wont do this if i mod my car
    http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=193416
    VXR gone Audi A6 Avant - Le Mans in
    http://www.forgemotorsport.co.uk/ PROUD TO BE A RUDE YORKSHIRE IDIOT SINCE 1981!

Why take a modified car back to the dealership?
    Firstly they will have no knowledge of what changes have been made and secondly why should they spend time and money to look at a failed engine that has non OE kit/software on they didn't supply ot fit?

Thought it was quite telling that good ole Carl from REVO was happily telling the poor punter what the dealer should be able to do but didn't offer to take any responsibility for their map and actually do something to help
    sigpic

Comment

vaux will do the same, and any manufacturer who is given a modified car back to fix, why should they ?? It wasn`t even just a quick remap, it was well modified . More & more dealers are going to look for mods and refuse to fix them as mapping becomes more common. I had my leon revo`d btw, with no probs, but am glad now reading this as it was the same age ! if you want to mod your car while it still has a warranty you have to be prepared for the worst. I feel for the guy though , it really has gone **** up for him ...

Comment

OMG thats terrible reading, poor guy...
        MB E63s AMG
        MB C63 AMG & Performance Package
        Megane R.S. 250 CUP - Gone, But Not Forgotten
        Opel Corsa OPC / VXR - Gone, But Not Forgotten

Comment

Originally posted by Bainie View Post
          vaux will do the same, and any manufacturer who is given a modified car back to fix, why should they ?? It wasn`t even just a quick remap, it was well modified . More & more dealers are going to look for mods and refuse to fix them as mapping becomes more common. I had my leon revo`d btw, with no probs, but am glad now reading this as it was the same age ! if you want to mod your car while it still has a warranty you have to be prepared for the worst. I feel for the guy though , it really has gone **** up for him ...
          If you read the thread it's more than having the warranty cancelled. They've cancelled his finance and demanded the car back, buying it at 50% what he paid for it 9 months previous. A disgrace. I'd be straight to the solicitors.

VXL better not get that bad or the VXR would be the last I buy. One thing to say we won't fix it, another to chuck an absolute wobbler and financially cripple the guy. Esp' a loyal ethusiast.

Comment

Not agreeing with what the`ve done, But if the car is on finance it isn`t yours to modify. It is the worst possible case I think, If you modify the car and it blows up, and is on finance, you could hand it back and walk away. leaving them with a worthless car and outstanding finance ... feel really sorry for him, but don`t think seat have acted illegally, just immorally !

Comment

cant believe seat has been like that it has now been fixed but seat are still standing by original decision to take car back and the guy is going to be out of pocket big time

Comment

Thats why if you get your exhaust /remap done by VXRPC you should be ok as they are vauxhall approved and most dealers either recommend them or sell their own cars with these mods already installed.

I think most vauxhall dealers expect to see modded cars nowadays

Comment

to be honest the guy complained to seat UK about it

sounds like the service manager at his local dealership is a moody git and took the decision to enforce every power given to him by the finance agreement. This is why they are continuing to refute the vag tech findings and insist they inspect it themselves ... ie continuing to make them selves as much of a pain as possible.

Bet if autoexpress or similar ring on his behalf though, he'll find he can suddenly have his car back. Not wanting to warranty a modded his car is fine, but taking it off him ? nobody is going to think thats right in autoexpress land. That would severely damage their reputation.

Comment

Originally posted by VXR MAN View Post

I think most vauxhall dealers expect to see modded cars nowadays
                    This is the thing, thanks to dougie, vauxhall really understand who there target market it is in the VXR.

They've gone from producing in some cases very mild GSI models, to the extremely hot VXR models. Theres always been a hot astra, but never really been a hot corsa. And look at how much good press its gotten vauxhall. And the vectra VXR as well, the previous vectra GSI was bit wet in comparison

Seat have made it obvious they know nothing about their target market for the cupra brand and dont intend to start learning.

Comment

unbelievable

Comment

Working...
                      X