This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Courtesy Car

Shocked that my dealer asked what sort of courtesy car would I like when mine goes in for a service in a few weeks ! I shocked them by saying " it's ok , I'll wait on it" . They asked why but I told them I had plenty time on my hands . There is no way my wee car is going joyriding and Stevie Wonder is not getting near it !
    CORSA VXR , ARDEN BLUE , S+L , AFL , 18'S .
    sigpic

Gone but not forgotten .
    MPS takes the edge off though !

nice one, bet they were expecting you to jump for joy @ the opportunity to drive a 1.poo corsa
    sigpic
    GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN!

Comment

once got a agila from dealers , wolud of been quicker to walk home

Comment

really dont blame you, theres no way im letting my delearship take my car for a joyride after a service

who would give up a chance to take a vxr out for thrash? No-one!
        Whats next?!?!?

Comment

My brother got a Astra Mk4 1.6 when his M3 was in for a new engine - wasn't impressed as I had a courtesy car at the same time and mine was the Sport version of his car

Badge is everything in courtesy car land lol

Astra

Comment

ive got a 1.0 ltr courtesy car at the moment ( i think its realy a 1 ml) its shocking it handles well but anything does at snail pace. but still faster than a golf,he,he. (only joking before u golf lovers start.)

Comment

Originally posted by vxr bad boy View Post
              nice one, bet they were expecting you to jump for joy @ the opportunity to drive a 1.poo corsa
              my local dealer gives you a 1.6 meriva life with stickers plasterd all over it
              The Derv-ert
              "Goes quicker than a smackheads giro"

Comment

Originally posted by Astra888 View Post
                my local dealer gives you a 1.6 meriva life with stickers plasterd all over it
                i got a 1.3 diesel astra with 6 speed
                sigpic
                GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN!

Comment

One of my local dealers usually gives out 1.0 Corsa C's. Its like being on one of those flab busters at tickover... They run proper lumpy but sound a bit like a Scooby.

Once had a go at wheelspinning one. First gear, clutch in, 4k revs, dump clutch... It just pulled off!
                  sigpic

Comment

my dealership where told not to test drive mine and they didnt otherwise they would be dead
                    sigpic
                    stealth no more but beware of the silver lightning GSI with vxr power
                    M.U.F.C.
                    http://www.courtenaysport.co.uk/

Comment

why doesnt anyone else know all courtesy cars are really rally cars with out the stickers.

they can take the hardest of speedbumps at sill speeds.

they always corner better,

and some even have optional sequential gearboxes, if you forget to use the clutch

first thing to to, is pull round the corner and remove the airbox, and chuck it in the boot,

then you need to find out where the rev limiter is, as thats how to make them go lol

also the brakes are even sharper then your own,

i had a kia picanto for a week and actually considered getting the angle grinder out and loping a coil or 2 off he springs to see what would happen.
                      Legal Disclaimer: Anything I or anyone else says about my vehicle on this website pertaining to modifications, is only to gain acceptance from my/our peers, and does not actually represent anything actually existing on my car, and thus, cannot be held against me in any issues, i.e. warranty claims, that may arise.

Comment

Originally posted by Ghost View Post
                        why doesnt anyone else know all courtesy cars are really rally cars with out the stickers.

they can take the hardest of speedbumps at sill speeds.

they always corner better,

and some even have optional sequential gearboxes, if you forget to use the clutch

first thing to to, is pull round the corner and remove the airbox, and chuck it in the boot,

then you need to find out where the rev limiter is, as thats how to make them go lol

also the brakes are even sharper then your own,

i had a kia picanto for a week and actually considered getting the angle grinder out and loping a coil or 2 off he springs to see what would happen.
                        sigpic
                        GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN!

Comment

What is the problem ?

Whats wrong with getting a courtesy car thats a little smaller than your vxr, its only there to help you out in an emergency to save you from having to make other arrangements, any car would be ok as long as it gets me from a to b whilst my own is getting repaired or serviced, what really do you expect to get ?
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by miniman View Post
                            What is the problem ?

Whats wrong with getting a courtesy car thats a little smaller than your vxr, its only there to help you out in an emergency to save you from having to make other arrangements, any car would be ok as long as it gets me from a to b whilst my own is getting repaired or serviced, what really do you expect to get ?
                            like for like like i do with audi, sometimes i get given a Q7 instead
                            sigpic
                            GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN!

Comment

Originally posted by miniman View Post
                              What is the problem ?

Amen to that... It makes your own car feel like a rocket ship when you get it back too
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X