This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remaped Derv limited to 130mph?

Well today I had the opportunity to visit a friend of mine who has access to a private runway.

To cut a long story short I went for a quick blast along it, car was pulling line a train 110, 120, 125, 129 then as soon as it hit 130 (GPS) it stopped and cut power.

Now IIRC the 1.9 Derv as standard is limited to 130, but having the EDS remap should remove the limiter shouldn't it?

Do T8's have the same issue?

I had my remap done at MPG with the map emailed directly from EDS on the day. Did they forget to change an option or something?

I don't want it to stop at 130, I want some autobahn fun in Germany next year

I never thought they were limited - I mean why would they?

Astra

Comment

My Derv Vectra isnt limit (without a Map). What gear and what revs were u at. Tope speed by gearing is 129/130. So unless you have had your max revs raised in the tune(!!!!) its top speed will always be the same.
      Last edited by caspy; 2 November 2008, 09:05 AM.
      Insignia VXR, quite nippy!

Comment

I had a T8 and that wasnt limited...... :-)
        Mini Cooper S
        Vinyl by www.mbsigndesign.co.uk

Comment

The dervs are ltd to 140mph appx as std to keep cylinder pressures down. My remap from regal about 3 yrs ago is the same as 888 and removes the speed limiter. Mine use to pull round to 160mph with a bit of down hill help not tried for along time but still goes as well now with 40000miles on the clock.

Comment

Hmmm....by gearing they are limited to 129/130. A remap wont change that. Only way to get more speed is if 6th is overdrive and you have enough power to pull through and a long enough road. I would imagine 160 is poss (if driving over a cliff!!) But if you are topping out 1t 130 in 5th thats as fast as it will go with std rev limiter.

PS

Cylinder head temps are to do with fueling and rpm etc, not top speed.
            Insignia VXR, quite nippy!

Comment

Originally posted by caspy View Post
              Hmmm....by gearing they are limited to 129/130. A remap wont change that. Only way to get more speed is if 6th is overdrive and you have enough power to pull through and a long enough road. I would imagine 160 is poss (if driving over a cliff!!) But if you are topping out 1t 130 in 5th thats as fast as it will go with std rev limiter.

PS

Cylinder head temps are to do with fueling and rpm etc, not top speed.
              What you say about the head temps make sense to me - a car on the limiter in 2nd would create as much heat as a car flat out in 6th wouldn't it?

So this sounds a gearing limiter due to revs - whereas the 888 would have had the rev limited raised when remapped?

Astra

Comment

My rev limiter has been raised to 5.5k (dont laugh) however I got too 130 and then it cut the power but I was only doing 4kish in 6th so it wasn't the rev limiter

Comment

i thought the diesels were all limited in 6th to 4000rpm someone i know has one and he told me why but can't remember
                  for all your VXR tuning needs phone courtenays on 01692 404313 or vist www.courtenaysport.co.uk

Comment

Yea, I thought I heared that too. But obv not because people are getting over that

Comment

Working...
                    X