X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• number plates

hi guys...

ive recently been pulled for displaying illegal show plates on my car...

i own the registration L3 EAX but i have mis-spaced it to spell L3E A X as u might have guessed im called lee a

i received a letter through the post from the dvla saying that if i am caught again committing an offence with this plate they will 'remove the rights' for me to use it.

i really like the plate and i am still planning on mis-spacing it, but i was wondering if anyone knows how i could space it without attracting the laws attention...are there any good custom plate sites that will make the spacing spot on??

maybe if i do something like this L3 E A X i might get around it??

dont really want to lose my reg tho!!

all replies appreciated
    Astra Edition #105
    Courtenay Sport Stage 3|K04 Hybrid Turbo|Forge Intercooler|Collins Dump Valve|Courtenay Actuator and Top Hat|Crossover Delete with Panel Filter|Oil Restrictor Bolt|Cool Running Thermostat|DAP R's|KSport 8 pot Brakes|Remus|Quaife LSD|Mtech Short Shifter|RARB|Retrofit AFL's and Cruise Control|3 Gauge Conversion|Red and Blue SMD|Heko deflectors|Eonon Double Din

mines R66 ABR mate i dont want to loose it either fella just dont do next time there is a law for a reason

if you do it differently you still get caught mate no matter what its pointless fella keep to the plate you bought
    Arden Racing Edition

Comment

there clamping down on illegal spaces / borders / logo`s on reg plates . all to do with the speed cameras not being able to read custom plates , seen as you`ve had a warning looks like they`ll be checking again to make sure you`ve changed them ,
      this was covered in another thread but can`t seem to find it , do a search , you might be lucky

Comment

thnx 4 the comments much appreciated guys..know theres a few traffic cops on this forum lets see if they have a look and say what they think
        Astra Edition #105
        Courtenay Sport Stage 3|K04 Hybrid Turbo|Forge Intercooler|Collins Dump Valve|Courtenay Actuator and Top Hat|Crossover Delete with Panel Filter|Oil Restrictor Bolt|Cool Running Thermostat|DAP R's|KSport 8 pot Brakes|Remus|Quaife LSD|Mtech Short Shifter|RARB|Retrofit AFL's and Cruise Control|3 Gauge Conversion|Red and Blue SMD|Heko deflectors|Eonon Double Din

Comment

I'd say you've GOT TO get the right spacing as the police anpr won't be able to read it and they'll pull you straight away.....so choice is = do it right or lose the reg and probably a fine too!!!.....

Comment

A friend of mine read in the paper last month, that the DVLA has NEVER removed the rights on anyones number plates in this way. Never inforced it. Its either an idle threat or everyone only mis-displays it once???

But would you take the risk?
            Corsa VXR Arden, 18's
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by VX AND View Post
              A friend of mine read in the paper last month, that the DVLA has NEVER removed the rights on anyones number plates in this way. Never inforced it. Its either an idle threat or everyone only mis-displays it once???

But would you take the risk?
              hmmm...thats interesting to know

ive been told it might be an idle threat aswell..

because the dvla do say that its only in extreme circumstances that they do this

and iv only had 1 chance. they only know because the copper took a pic of my number plate

BLOODY TRAFFIC COPS!!

haha
              Astra Edition #105

Comment

i just about lost ma old plate for miss spaced

Comment

dont loose your plate, but could they remove it from your ownership!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Here we go again.........

Right, the DVLA can take your private plate from you if you have been warned about it being in an illeagal format but been caught again.

You CANNOT deviate from the standard pascing and lettering. I.E. I could not change JR57 VXR to JR5 7 VXR which is what i'd like to do as i would have altered the spacing.

If you are caught by the Police they will report it to the DVLA who will first send you a warning letter. If you are caught again they can take your private plate from you meaning that if the plate cost you £1k you loose it and have to pay to re-register your car.

Its just not worth it in my opinion

Comment

Jay 1983...

How about mine which are legal spacing etc... only thing is the VXR logo down the side and anpr can read my plate.

All local police i have asked have said i can keep it as it won't affect the anpr's.

Comment

Noose, it is illegal as the VXR logo is not allowed, country ID only, however as the letters are correct I doubt you would get pulled.

my VXR history: Arden Corsa, Astra Nurburgring, Corsa Arctic, Evoke VXR8, Black Corsa, Silver Vectra, a long weekend with an Insignia, a chilli burger and now a siggy tourer!

Comment

Originally posted by Jay 1983 View Post
                          Here we go again.........

Right, the DVLA can take your private plate from you if you have been warned about it being in an illeagal format but been caught again.

You CANNOT deviate from the standard pascing and lettering. I.E. I could not change JR57 VXR to JR5 7 VXR which is what i'd like to do as i would have altered the spacing.

If you are caught by the Police they will report it to the DVLA who will first send you a warning letter. If you are caught again they can take your private plate from you meaning that if the plate cost you £1k you loose it and have to pay to re-register your car.

Its just not worth it in my opinion
                          thnx 4 the info jay....

as i have already had 1 warning letter i aint gona risk it again. thinking of changing my plate as it looks **** with the default spacing..

jus a bit annoyed as i had the letters in the correct font and everything.

used to look really good.....

can anyone see that pic??
                          Astra Edition #105

Comment

But your spacing was way out, hence the pull no doubt.

my VXR history: Arden Corsa, Astra Nurburgring, Corsa Arctic, Evoke VXR8, Black Corsa, Silver Vectra, a long weekend with an Insignia, a chilli burger and now a siggy tourer!

Comment

Mines is X2 UEX but i space it X 2UE X, i got fined twice for it but never received a letter from DVLA.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X