This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Committed to getting fit...

... I mentioned once before about this but I didn't bother my ***. Now I'm committed. Bought an 'orbit pacer', started eating right since Friday and lost 2.5lbs already.

Anyone else on the fitness bandwagon?

Good on you - not do dampen your spirits but there's a guy at work who lost 2kg on a trip to little boys room

Astra

Comment

you shouldnt weigh yourself till after a week, same time each week, doing it any other time can be misleading you will always weigh more or less and different times of the day
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by xshexisusannex View Post
        you shouldnt weigh yourself till after a week, same time each week, doing it any other time can be misleading you will always weigh more or less and different times of the day
        ive never put on weight for years

No matter what i eat just never goes on my body, probs a bad thing and soon as i hit 30 it will hit me
        Corsa Has Left The Building

Comment

Same here mate; I struggle to put on weight. When I went cross country skiing 2 Christmas’s ago in Norway an south France for 3 1/2 months I lost loads of weight, had hardly no body fat what so ever on me by the end of it. I’m only just getting back to the weight I was before I went skiing...

I've been hitting the gym every day now for just over a month, and already I’m starting to look better for it. Going to keep doing it for the next 5 months. Its like an addiction. lol
          my build thread - http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=90714

Comment

Originally posted by sandyVXR View Post
            Same here mate; I struggle to put on weight. When I went cross country skiing 2 Christmas’s ago in Norway an south France for 3 1/2 months I lost loads of weight, had hardly no body fat what so ever on me by the end of it. I’m only just getting back to the weight I was before I went skiing...

I've been hitting the gym every day now for just over a month, and already I’m starting to look better for it. Going to keep doing it for the next 5 months. Its like an addiction. lol
            i take it you are in the army then!! lol
            have done nordic skiing and it is not nice but man it gets you working hard, am hitting the gym twice a day or once with a run or boot run, feel real good now after just 5 weeks

Comment

I get weighed every 4 weeks on my way offshore, got into a healthy eating regime 6 weeks ago, 10kg off so far, once you start it isn`t too difficult, though I know one piece of chocolate would be game over for me !!

Comment

Originally posted by sandyVXR View Post

You'll over do it going to the gym everyday, you body needs time to rest and repair the muscles after weight training. A general guide is 3 times a week.

Comment

i go three times a week , but on way home always call in shop for a few cans .

Comment

Originally posted by xshexisusannex View Post
                    Yea probably should, thanks.

Originally posted by Nath View Post
                    ive never put on weight for years

No matter what i eat just never goes on my body, probs a bad thing and soon as i hit 30 it will hit me
                    I was like that when I was 18-20. University destroyed my metabolism though, ruined it. Too much booze and pizza and now at 25 I needa watch what I eat. FFS lol

Comment

Im getting fit again after neglecting myself for 30 yrs lost two stone in 6 months stopped smokin a year ago and dont drink evry day any more...............still have the occasional binge but not a lot

Thinking on doing a fitness video "neglect your body for thirty years and put it right in one" what do you reckon is there a market
                      Son of the Clyde a roaming went
                      Sinned aplenty, much to repent
                      loved and lost, gave and took
                      Way too lazy to write a book.sigpic

Comment

Im getting back into it again. Lost a bit over 9stonne a few years back although put around 4 1/2-ish of it back on over the last 2 years or so. Started back at the gym 2weeks ago properly and the last week or so has seen a massive change in my diet (havent had coffe, sweeties or anything with chocolate since last Tuesday). Like everything you have good days and bad days, Saturday for example I really struggled at the gym but you just need to get your head down and plug on.

Its also worth upping your water intake, often when you feel hungry, your body;s not actually wanting food, but water, youll often find a good drink will quench that hunger feeling.

Its also worth not eating after 7pm at night (I forget the exact reason why but its to do with your body storing fat).

Comment

8 hours of circuit training a week for me with a few runs thrown in for good measure . Never weigh myself , my trainer is more interested in my body mass index.
                          CORSA VXR , ARDEN BLUE , S+L , AFL , 18'S .
                          sigpic

Gone but not forgotten .
                          MPS takes the edge off though !

Comment

Originally posted by Jay 1983 View Post
                            You'll over do it going to the gym everyday, you body needs time to rest and repair the muscles after weight training. A general guide is 3 times a week.
                            I dont do weights every day, I mix it with cv and low impact training.
                            my build thread - http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=90714

Comment

Originally posted by Jay 1983 View Post
                              Very general indeed. I train monday - fri atm, trying out a new routine and my recovery is fine. If you're going to go every day, plan your routine intelligently.

To the OP, join a gym - a must imo. Are you looking to build mass, or just cut back some fat?

What are your stats out of interest?

Comment

Working...
                              X