Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Corsa VXR or Civic Type R...... help me!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Corsa VXR or Civic Type R...... help me!

Hey guys, Even though my new Corsa VXR is ordered i am seriously thinking of changing my mind and going for the Type R. The Type R will obviously faster than the Corsa and in a different league etc....

I really really don't know what to do, please help me decide.... i really want the corsa but some little voice in my head keeps saying type r, type r.

Have you got the budget for a Astra Emma??

I also looked at a type r but decided the Astra was just a better car overall.

I would pick a type r over a corsa, but's that only coz I like larger cars.

The corsa will be brought by fewer than the type r where everyman and his dog seems to thave one.

Comment

i have to agree here. The type R has a market, and has done for 7 years, the new shape type R doesnt even differ that much from the old.

ive always thought they were stunning cars, and would have probably gone for one were it not for the astra.

the corsa however is a brand new car. looks nothing like the old, and is gonne be rare as rocking horse poop. i think its a serious contender with the big boys. and will be a real head turner. the only down side is the space.

my sister has had a new corsa since the release date, and, she loves it, but wishes the boot was bigger. although the cockpit is deceivingly larger than it looks. (infact, its huge)

Comment

i dont think there is going to be much in it between the 2 in outright performance (143lb ft CTR vs 192lb ft corsa)
        I think the corsa VXR may out do the type R in the handling stakes and tunablitity, well the little 1.6 may have a few things on the drawing board that will scare a few of the bigger hot hatches currently out there

Comment

Yes i can afford the Astra but i wanted something that was brand new out. The Type R is due to come out on 1st March.

I would rather have something that is rare and like you say mel loads have the type r. In my area i have only ever seen two Astra VXR's they are sooooo rare round here and hopefully the Corsa will be too.

Comment

the new corsa as a whole is still very rare. ive probably seen 4 since they were released, and one of those is my sisters

Comment

Originally posted by Emma
              Yes i can afford the Astra but i wanted something that was brand new out. The Type R is due to come out on 1st March.

I would rather have something that is rare and like you say mel loads have the type r. In my area i have only ever seen two Astra VXR's they are sooooo rare round here and hopefully the Corsa will be too.
              If you didnt want an astra I would stay with the corsa. I would double check the dims of the current corsa to check that it will be large enough... I kno I started with a small car (Rover 25 shape) and soon found it too small and I needed more room.

Comment

I like the smaller cars (helps me as iam rubbish at parking ). I've currently got the corsa c 1.8 sri and don't seem to struggle with space. And i am sure the new shape is slightly bigger. Corsa VXR it is......

Comment

Cool... you wont regret it when you start seeing a million and one type r's appear.

Comment

yeah definately stick with the Corsa as it'll be a hoot, and I think it looks better too

Comment

i would go for the corsa it's gonna be like the vxr rare , also you will get that yeh this is my car feeling when people stop in the street to look at it , and like aussie say's this car will be able to be tuned up to the hilt the tuners will be straight on it as soon as it comes out , and it looks the nut's inside as well as out 100% corsa for me , wouldnt even look at a type r way too common
                      sigpic
                      stealth no more but beware of the silver lightning GSI with vxr power
                      M.U.F.C.
                      http://www.courtenaysport.co.uk/

Comment

Working...
                      X