This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick tyre question bsw ???

I was looking at mytyres for a new conti to replace a damaged one. They have one with "bsw" after it, I googled bsw and it said black side wall, I am guessing that it doesn`t stand for that as it is 30 quid more than the standard tyre... So what is the difference between the bsw and non bsw tyre ??

According to the Conti website's key to abbreviations "BSW" does inideed stand for Black Sidewall. I don't know, I've never heard of that either.

Comment

Is it to do with a bigger rim protector??

Comment

Having had another look, the difference in price is for the speed rating not the bsw bit , must pay more attention, but still don`t know why some have bsw and some dont . the w is dearer than the y , the Y must be more common ??
        Last edited by Bainie; 6 November 2008, 08:07 PM.

Comment

Doh!!

Comment

Originally posted by smokinvxr View Post
            Doh!!

*lol* You read my mind, I have spent the afternoon in the servisair lounge with a free bar, after 2 and a half weeks offshore .. Thats my excuse anyway !!

Comment

Originally posted by Bainie View Post
              *lol* You read my mind, I have spent the afternoon in the servisair lounge with a free bar, after 2 and a half weeks offshore .. Thats my excuse anyway !!
              Damn!! I'm in the wrong job!! Good enough excuse

Comment

Working...
              X