This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Registering private plate

What a pain in the a*rse this is turning out to be! I thought that I just had to call the DVLA, and they would change my reg on their system, I call insurance, bolt on my plate, job done... Huh wishful thinking! When I called to buy the thing, the bloke on the phone said all I'd need to do to activate it was that!

Well, you have to send off a v70 or something, attached; registration doc, MOT blah blah blah... This got me thinking; what do you do about your tax disc? That has your reg written on it? I hope they will be able to see on their system how long I have left, and send a new one, cuz if you have to pay for another disc, or even worse another year they said no hidden charges! (Minus the 20(somethin)p/min rate when purchasing your reg)

Does anyone here have experience on the matter which he/she would like to share with me? Some help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Rob

You Have PM

Hi m8,

Ive jst PM you

Comment

Honestly the process is a pain the *** i've done it on all my cars except this one as I cudn't be bothered to delay the delivery process... also hubbie doesn't really like my old plate.

Also XTC aint to bad for a standard one.

It is a lot quicker if you can get to a DVLA office in person.

Comment

Dont worry about your tax disc, once the new plate is on DVLA will send you a new tax disc.

Comment

I agree with mel about not bothering as they are such a pain especially when you change your car.

I wouldn't bother if my plate wasn't so expensive but a £1500 plate is too expensive to have on retention.

Comment

Originally posted by Emma
            I agree with mel about not bothering as they are such a pain especially when you change your car.

I wouldn't bother if my plate wasn't so expensive but a £1500 plate is too expensive to have on retention.
            I sold mine... I'm now wanting to get a new personal one but hubbie is just not a fan of them..

I wanted B42 WTR on the second car and M37 WTR on the VXR - Baz Waterfield and Mel Waterfield.

But he would prefer to spend the money on the car rather than a plate...

I do want my mums plate... 4198 ME - not that is the dogs!

Comment

Originally posted by VXR - xtc

I sold mine... I'm now wanting to get a new personal one but hubbie is just not a fan of them..

I wanted B42 WTR on the second car and M37 WTR on the VXR - Baz Waterfield and Mel Waterfield.

mel you should get B1 TCH
              sigpic
              stealth no more but beware of the silver lightning GSI with vxr power
              M.U.F.C.
              http://www.courtenaysport.co.uk/

Comment

Originally posted by worsy

mel you should get B1 TCH

OMG YOUR IN FOR IT NOW im runing for cover

www.courtenaysport.co.uk/ For all your tuning needs

Comment

she's gotta catch me first
                  sigpic
                  M.U.F.C.

Comment

I just poped down to the local DVLA office, signed a couple of docs, new tax given to me and presto - personal plate. Their office even had parking right outside.

Was well happy :wink:

Comment

Hey im running the marathon.... can you run for 26 miles????

oh I would LOVE that plate... it does suit me.

Comment

Hey im running the marathon.... can you run for 26 miles????

oh I would LOVE that plate... it does suit me.
                        no dont want too either when i can be sat at home getting p****d
                        sigpic
                        M.U.F.C.

Comment

no dont want too either when i can be sat at home getting p****d
                          you sound just like Baz

Comment

good man baz
                            sigpic
                            M.U.F.C.

Comment

I honestly didn't have any problem.... Sent form off, got plates made up, tax disk turned up, swapped over tax and plates, job done...5 days max

Comment

Working...
                              X