This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do the 2.0T and 1.9CDTi perform?

Looking at a new car, really enjoy the 2.2 petrol estate vectra at the moment...

the 2.0t seems so have another 30 or so bhp, anyone driven one and could rate it any? Also, what about the 1.9d?

I really do hate diesel, turbo lag in diesel and slow cars off the mark, but i hear things may be different and that the 1.9d is no real different from the 2.2 pet.

Any ideas and opinions welcome. (manual gears, hatchback looking at)

get a VXR

Comment

only driven the 2.0T and felt the car was underpowered
      the Vectra certainly benefits from the larger engine so get a VXR!
      Tuned by RnD Motorsport

Comment

Fire about £5000 my way and i will.

Comment

Although have a VXR now, my previous car was a Astra 1.9CDTi 150 which was very quick and quick off the line, which seemed to supprise many of the "Boy Racers". Also the 1.9CDTi has a lot of torgue, & can be Tuned far more than any petrol motor, just ask any one with a 888
          sigpic
          Astra GTC (NOW SOLD)
          Mercedes GLA250 2.0 Ltr Turbo Sport 4Matic 7g DCT White
          BMW Z4 sDrive 35is with DCT, 3.0 Ltr Bi-Turbo, Mineral White, Black Leather & Silver Carbon interior, 340 BHP, 450nm with 50nm 7sec over boost, 0-62 = 4.6sec
          'Clique' # 1

Comment

Originally posted by burgerken374 View Post
            Although have a VXR now, my previous car was a Astra 1.9CDTi 150 which was very quick and quick off the line, which seemed to supprise many of the "Boy Racers". Also the 1.9CDTi has a lot of torgue, & can be Tuned far more than any petrol motor, just ask any one with a 888
            Or the guys who were at the cheshire meet in their VXRs when I and Andy 888 were keeping up with them in our dirty dervs

the 1.9 is an amazing engine, especially with a couple of mods

Comment

The vxr is soooo much more than how powerful it is. If I could get the interior / suspension / looks in a 1.9 diesel I probably would buy it .. But you can`t , go and get a vxr dude, you know you want to .. 5k, do you wan`t a new one *lol*

Comment

I agree the VXR is so good, especialy in the burg edition that I have, but it does have its draw backs in the current financial market, like 25mpg.
                A 1.9CDTi 150 (Z19DTH with Sport Button) Astra SRi Sport Hatch can be upgraded as follows
                Phase 1 = 210 BHP & 325 FT/LB of Torgue (Regal MS) £450 = 38-40 MPG
                Phase 2 = 240 BHP & 385 FT/LB of Torgue (Regal MS) & Still 32 -35 MPG
                The torgue on both of these upgrades far exceeds the 2.0Ltr petrol engine
                even in standard the torgue is 257 FT/LB. The only reason I got rid of mine was I just fell in love at first sight with the burg other wise I would still have it
                sigpic
                Astra GTC (NOW SOLD)
                BMW Z4 sDrive 35is with DCT, 3.0 Ltr Bi-Turbo, Mineral White, Black Leather & Silver Carbon interior, 340 BHP, 450nm with 50nm 7sec over boost, 0-62 = 4.6sec
                'Clique' # 1

Comment

I agree the VXR is so good, especialy in the burg edition that I have, but it does have its draw backs in the current financial market, like 25mpg.
                  A 1.9CDTi 150 (Z19DTH with Sport Button) Astra SRi Sport Hatch can be upgraded as follows
                  Phase 1 = 210 BHP & 325 FT/LB of Torgue (Regal MS) £450 = 38-40 MPG
                  Phase 2 = 240 BHP & 385 FT/LB of Torgue (Regal MS) & Still 32 -35 MPG
                  The torgue on both of these upgrades far exceeds the 2.0Ltr petrol engine
                  even in standard the torgue is 257 FT/LB. The only reason I got rid of mine was I just fell in love at first sight with the burg other wise I would still have it
                  257 FT/LB? standard?

Thats more then the VXR at 235FT/LB?

Independent bespoke mapping available see my Facebook or find me at WG Motorworks

Clique #14

Comment

Thats correct Richard, it is, the torgue steer on the 1.9CDTi is alot more pronounced than on the VXR, but the weight of the diesel engine makes it a much more uncomfortable ride, as the tyres on the 18's are inflated to 39psi & you get a lot more roll & oversteer
                    sigpic
                    Astra GTC (NOW SOLD)
                    'Clique' # 1

Comment

Originally posted by Bainie View Post
                      If I could get the interior / suspension / looks in a 1.9 diesel I probably would buy it .. But you can`t
                      yup you can

http://forum.astraownersnetwork.co.u...ad.php?t=31627

ive gone from a st2 vxr to a cdti 150 , not the same animal but fairly powerfull

Comment

Thats correct Richard, it is, the torgue steer on the 1.9CDTi is alot more pronounced than on the VXR, but the weight of the diesel engine makes it a much more uncomfortable ride, as the tyres on the 18's are inflated to 39psi & you get a lot more roll & oversteer
                        I'm only running 36psi in my fronts. As said 39 makes the car feel a lot more twitchy and understeerish.

36PSI seems bob on to me

Comment

Oh, btw it's "Torque" not "Torgue"

Comment

If you want a vectra diesel what about the V6 CDTI, far more reliable and a much better drive

Comment

I would reccomend the CDTi over the 2.0 Turbo.
                              Haven driven many for many a time, the 2.0T is a bit jerky, can be lacking in guts mid range and its not that much quicker off the lights then the CDTi.

However, one little thing I would say, I've had my fair share of issues with the 1.9 CDTi 150, but overall a very positive experience. If it were my money it would be the diesel every day of the week.

I've never driven a tuned diesel, but I believe its very easy to get them to 200PS without breaking a sweat.

Comment

Working...
                              X