This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• E15 VXR Update....

Ok i thought i would update you on my numberplate scenario as i am getting quite a few pm,s regarding this...

Basically i sold my old vxr to a dealership who agreed to transfer the numberplate back to my new Nurburgring as soon as they could...

Unfortunately the new owner Dave held my numberplate to ransom with the dealership as they owed him a deposit which they could not refund until the car was transferred as legally all the time the plate was on it was mine... He withheld the serial number on the tax disc so the dealership could not get the cherished plate transferred without it...

I stepped in and sorted this out with Dave the owner and i then recieved a letter from DVLA dated august stateing thankyou the plate has now been transferreed and here is your new log book for E15 VXR relateing to the Nurburgring....

Unfortunately Dave the owner of my old car likes my plate so much that he has refused to take it off and it has become a criminal offence now with Kent and Hertfordshire police and he wrongly believes he can keep the plate on the car as the dealership sold it to him even though he knew at the time that the plate was being transferred and i have proof of ownership , tax disc , v5 and the dvla dtatbase and Police National Computer on my side..

The police visited him last night to inform him that the car is illegal now and that if he drives it on the road he will be arrested for driving it and the car will be impounded aswell as having 2 bald front tyres..... The police informed me that they are powerless to remove the plates while it is on his drive the same as if i put BOSS VXR on mine then nothing can happen until i reverse the car onto the carriage way then it becomes a criminal offence...

So as of today as soon as the vxr leaves Daves drive in Watford it is illegally being driven with no insurance etc so if he hits you you are not covered...

I would ask that if you see the car parked up anywhere that you be kind enough to report it to the local police so that the car can be at least checked to ensure the driver in the event of an accident is covered for the damage he may cause you or your vehicle......

E15VXR IS LEGALLY SUPPOSED TO BE ON A WHITE NURBURGRING NOT AN ARDEN ASTRA VXR....

Thankyou....

Marc
    HeavenlyDetail
    Youtube Channel - HeavenlyDetail

wow. that's bad! don't see what he has to gain from keeping it on his car though

Comment

Looks like unfortunately you previous pride and joy has now gone to a complete TOOL mate
      sigpic
      My VXR from Start to Finish

Gone but not forgotten - one of the original crew

Comment

cant believe he is still driving around with it on mate

Comment

Marc,

sorry to hear about this situation and it was from reading this over the last few months that made me take the plates/tax disc and all documentation in the car referring to my wifes private plate when i traded her car in lastweek, i then sorted everything out and returned all documents special delivery to the dealer yesterday.

I know it's no consilation to yourself, but whats has happened to you has helped others not to fall into the mistake when transferring cherished numbers.

I wish you all the best and hopefully this has now came to a conclusion.

Comment

Originally posted by Dazturbo6502 View Post
            Looks like unfortunately you previous pride and joy has now gone to a complete TOOL mate
            couldnt agree more,sorry to hear bout all these problems you've had with it marc

Comment

hi marc about time something happened to him been on here awhile now and seen all the posts and its just stupid how it kept gettin away with it..

Comment

Originally posted by Dazturbo6502 View Post
                Unfortunatly YES Daz.
                I was in it a while ago when all this plate and dvd business was going on, and if Marc was to see it.......!!! alloys all curbed passenger wing mirror bust and hanging off the inside was like a pigsty, paintwork looked terrible....and i can go on.............shame to what upkeep it had with Marc..........
                sigpic
                WHICH ONE TODAY.... ???

LAMBORGHINI LP560-4.....VXR8 BATHURST:S...or.....FOCUS RS

Comment

Complete idiot, if this is his intellegence level when it comes to a number plate imagine what it's like on the road with a VXR.

Comment

Originally posted by vxrcourt3 View Post
                    Unfortunatly YES Daz.
                    I was in it a while ago when all this plate and dvd business was going on, and if Marc was to see it.......!!! alloys all curbed passenger wing mirror bust and hanging off the inside was like a pigsty, paintwork looked terrible....and i can go on.............shame to what upkeep it had with Marc..........
                    Exactly what I was afraid of.

Comment

Originally posted by Voxer View Post
                      Complete idiot, if this is his intellegence level when it comes to a number plate imagine what it's like on the road with a VXR.
                      thats been shown with the amount of speeding tickets marc has recieved
                      Whats next?!?!?

Comment

I overhead a conversation today about a lad racing Dave in his Astra SRi, his words were "yeah you know, Dave with the Astra VXR number plate E15 VXR" this must have happened fairly recently.

Bloke sounds like an imbecile.
                        I have a difference of opinion to you.

Comment

Marc, I cant really believe what I'm reading !!!

Obviously if i am reading this correctly the dealership are as much to blame, letting this happen in the 1st place. I just didnt think you could get away with this and for so long !

Obviously its a loophole which he knew he could exploit, or has just fallen apon it by accident ?

This kind of situation needs to be tightened up on ASAP
                          sigpic

Comment

Poor Marc . The ongoing saga is enough to turn your hair grey not blonde .
                            CORSA VXR , ARDEN BLUE , S+L , AFL , 18'S .
                            sigpic

Gone but not forgotten .
                            MPS takes the edge off though !

Comment

if you have all the paperwork (V5) cant you just go get a duplicate pair made up maybe it will cost you a lil bit but least you can go around with your plate legaly on your car.
                              INSIGNIA VXR

Comment

Working...
                              X