This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sat Nav Help

Hi i am after a portable sat nav. Dont want to spend a lot(up to £150) as its use will be as a back up, for street finding only . I dont want a power lead in the car so need it to be rechargable . Any advice on a good one ( have been looking at tomton one or Navman S30 3D )

gwet a garmin m8 there well better than tom toms m8

Comment

I second that, Garmin all the way, plus you can buy a home charger so no leads in the car

Comment

Originally posted by JayJay69 View Post
        I second that, Garmin all the way, plus you can buy a home charger so no leads in the car
        As you can for a TomTom One - or you can just plug it into your PC via USB and it charges off that!

Never used a Garmin, but for the money (especially as you are only using it as a backup) the TomTom One is well worth it.
        Sold - Arden Blue Astra VXR on 19's
        Ordered - Pure White Golf GTI on 18's (couldn't stomach paying for 19" tyres any more!)

Comment

tom tom 1 V4 traffic all the way!! home charger and you can stick it in your pocket..

great little unit and very user friendly.

Comment

Got myself a tom tom and havent had any problems, cant recall what model as its at work but its got an extra large touch screen display, flags up mobile and static camera, can edit road names and add new ones if new housing estates are built, had traffic and weather reports, advance lane guidence, can link it with your phone and use it as a hands free and use it to text and call via you phone, contains details of all major builings or points of interest and also have their full addresses and telephone numbers stored on it and many more useful options. Cost me about £170 from Halfords with a carry case, has a battery life on about 2 hrs whilst on and not connected via the cig lighter (wont find much better than that, maybe 3 hrs at the most).

Comment

Working...
            X