This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gatso!!

Can you get flashed or lets say filmed going towards a gatso as i thought they only worke as you drive by.....Doing about 40 on a 30 yesterday and saw flash from otherside of raod as i approached gatso....Lines on both sides of road..
    HeavenlyDetail
    Youtube Channel - HeavenlyDetail

Originally posted by vxrmarc View Post
    Can you get flashed or lets say filmed going towards a gatso as i thought they only worke as you drive by.....Doing about 40 on a 30 yesterday and saw flash from otherside of raod as i approached gatso....Lines on both sides of road..
    no mate..other car must have been speeding

they only work as you drive away from them

trust me ma mate does 70 past them all the time in his burg
    Astra Edition #105
    Courtenay Sport Stage 3|K04 Hybrid Turbo|Forge Intercooler|Collins Dump Valve|Courtenay Actuator and Top Hat|Crossover Delete with Panel Filter|Oil Restrictor Bolt|Cool Running Thermostat|DAP R's|KSport 8 pot Brakes|Remus|Quaife LSD|Mtech Short Shifter|RARB|Retrofit AFL's and Cruise Control|3 Gauge Conversion|Red and Blue SMD|Heko deflectors|Eonon Double Din

Comment

gatso.jpg

If it was one of these then don't worry as they only work when you drive through them and not at them....

There is one on my way to work I like to set off. If I see anybody going through it I put my foot down and set it off, sooooo funny lol....
      They probably thinking I was only doing 30 and shiiit themselves lol
      But they wont get a ticket as its all worked out by the lines on the floor

Comment

No other cars on road as 7am....

Jay how do you set it off?
        HeavenlyDetail

Comment

No other cars on road as 7am....

Jay how do you set it off?
          ya just race past it lol as long as you get about 60 or 70 it will flash but not take a picture
          Astra Edition #105
          Courtenay Sport Stage 3|K04 Hybrid Turbo|Forge Intercooler|Collins Dump Valve|Courtenay Actuator and Top Hat|Crossover Delete with Panel Filter|Oil Restrictor Bolt|Cool Running Thermostat|DAP R's|KSport 8 pot Brakes|Remus|Quaife LSD|Mtech Short Shifter|RARB|Retrofit AFL's and Cruise Control|3 Gauge Conversion|Red and Blue SMD|Heko deflectors|Eonon Double Din

Comment

The fixed cameras are lane specific.

If its a rear facing camera i.e will get the back of your car it will be a bright flash, very noticable.

If its foward facing is a subtle flash as not to blind you.

I do not believe that its possible for a camera on the opposite side of the road to capture you if you 'happened' to be speeding, but knowing technology nowdays i dont risk it, then again i dont speed, lol.

Not very clever / mature JayJay with you being old bill!

Comment

Not trying to scare you but i think they have new ones out which does both lanes. Were there measure markers on both sides?

Comment

Yes there were and i was doing 40 in a 30 because i actually rarley speed and presumed this was a 40 main road...
                HeavenlyDetail

Comment

Marc don't worry it happened to me 2 weeks ago and i have worked out that it goes off because u sett the sensor off from the other side of the road, but it cant prosecute you from the other side of the road.

Comment

The ones that worry me are the new ones i saw on 5th gear. They are the ones that can have you over a distance and clock you on your average milage. So seeing it at the last min is no good cos it will clock you over a distance.Lasers are no good either because the camera will see you before the lazer sees the camera but i have been told that they are bringing out new lazers which work off a g.p.s. system to combat it.

Comment

There called SPEC camera's the ones that clock ur avrage speed over distance but they are **** and dont work very well:
                      http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/news/a...nes/article.do

P.s if you dont want to get caught by police laser guns buy a laser Pro park off me
                      http://www.openpitlane.co.uk/forum/s...ead.php?t=6252

Comment

Yes there were and i was doing 40 in a 30 because i actually rarley speed and presumed this was a 40 main road...
                        Well if you dont have a summons through your door within 2 weeks thay say that your all clear and a lot of the time the films are full so they dont lead to prosecution.But the new ones are digital but i think you'll be o.k.Anyway i got 6 points on my liesence all that means i gotta cool it till they come off.

Comment

Originally posted by streamline View Post
                          Marc don't worry it happened to me 2 weeks ago and i have worked out that it goes off because u sett the sensor off from the other side of the road, but it cant prosecute you from the other side of the road.
                          Depends if they have been designed and calobrated to do both lanes, you have to remember technology is changing all the time. You could have several speeding fines on the way then Streamline....lol.....I doubt it though.

Originally posted by dale wootton View Post
                          The ones that worry me are the new ones i saw on 5th gear. They are the ones that can have you over a distance and clock you on your average milage. So seeing it at the last min is no good cos it will clock you over a distance.Lasers are no good either because the camera will see you before the lazer sees the camera but i have been told that they are bringing out new lazers which work off a g.p.s. system to combat it.
                          These are old news, theres loads of them around now. Cant see how a laser will comabt these cameras as a laser isnt emitted from the camera. It records you relative position on the road and tracks you over a set distance and calculates your speed thus no need for lasers. The big 'discs' on the side of the camera are infra-red lights to endable the cameras to see in the dark. Oh, and lane changing no longer fools these cameras.

Comment

Originally posted by streamline View Post
                            There called SPEC camera's the ones that clock ur avrage speed over distance but they are **** and dont work very well:
                            http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/news/a...nes/article.do

P.s if you dont want to get caught by police laser guns buy a laser Pro park off me
                            http://www.openpitlane.co.uk/forum/s...ead.php?t=6252
                            What a business man but that is a vid.

Comment

Originally posted by dale wootton View Post
                              What a business man but that is a vid.
                              haha cheers,

You want one? ther good parking sensors

Comment

Working...
                              X