This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I got clamped

Decided last night was going to go out into town and be sensible and take the car. So parked it in a car park that is nothing more than a empty bit of land covered in pot-holes that some private car park company has decided to claim. Anyway decided i wanted to have a drink so left the car in town. After eventually remembering where i left the car got my dad to drop me off this morning for it to find it had been clamped So foned the car-park company and after speaking to them for ages they are saying that my car had been abandoned in the car park for 3 days and that if i dont pay the fine by tuesday my car will be getting impounded. Great Sunday ive had

that doesnt sound like a great sunday 2 me

did you knw that you are well within your rights to remove a clamp of your car without the car park owners permission.....

i saw that on fifth gear
    Astra Edition #105
    Courtenay Sport Stage 3|K04 Hybrid Turbo|Forge Intercooler|Collins Dump Valve|Courtenay Actuator and Top Hat|Crossover Delete with Panel Filter|Oil Restrictor Bolt|Cool Running Thermostat|DAP R's|KSport 8 pot Brakes|Remus|Quaife LSD|Mtech Short Shifter|RARB|Retrofit AFL's and Cruise Control|3 Gauge Conversion|Red and Blue SMD|Heko deflectors|Eonon Double Din

Comment

Originally posted by L3E_A_X View Post
      that doesnt sound like a great sunday 2 me

did you knw that you are well within your rights to remove a clamp of your car without the car park owners permission.....

i saw that on fifth gear
      Fifth gear was filmed many years ago laws changed though. If theres no clear signs about clamping though they can't do bugger all to make you pay though.

Independent bespoke mapping available see my Facebook or find me at WG Motorworks

Clique #14

Comment

The car park company are saying that my car has been there since Thursday which is alot of cods-wallop and they first put the clamp on it on Friday saying that it would be £40 to have it removed but for every day since Friday they are trying to charge me £40 plus 30% a day which until today is £156. They have now changed it and are saying that it is after 1 week of my car being left there that they are entitled to impound it. My dad has foned one of his friends who is a lawyer and he is looking into it. Not what you need when youve got the mother of all hangovers

Comment

http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sho...light=clamping

Useful thread not long ago
          "If you can keep your head when all around you have lost theirs, then you probably haven't understood the seriousness of the situation."

Comment

Surely by them lieing about when they clamped it they are committing an offence? Namly fraud?

Comment

Just cut the bugger off

Comment

Originally posted by streamline View Post
                Just cut the bugger off
                exactly what i done in my company car, had an angle grinder in the boot, cut a link out of the chain, took the damaged link with me and left the clamp and notice there... as i was driving out some kosovan looking people drove in and just looked and me as if to say?:S wat???i held the link in my 1 had gave them the 1 finger sallute with the other and drove off
                as long and you dont damage the clamp you CAN remove it lol

oh yeh, it helps that i was quoting for CCTV on that particular car park at the time so i knew they didn;t have any

Comment

Originally posted by vxrtom View Post
                  exactly what i done in my company car, had an angle grinder in the boot, cut a link out of the chain, took the damaged link with me and left the clamp and notice there... as i was driving out some kosovan looking people drove in and just looked and me as if to say?:S wat???i held the link in my 1 had gave them the 1 finger sallute with the other and drove off
                  as long and you dont damage the clamp you CAN remove it lol

oh yeh, it helps that i was quoting for CCTV on that particular car park at the time so i knew they didn;t have any
                  Dont damage the clamp? thats exactly what you did to get it off?

Comment

Originally posted by Jay 1983 View Post
                    Dont damage the clamp? thats exactly what you did to get it off?
                    He damaged the chain, not the clamp... I'm guessing that the chain was not physically attached.

Comment

Think best option for me just now might be just to pay whatever they are saying i owe them just now and battle the case of i was only parked there for 12 hours max rather than 3 days once ive safely got my car back. Im able to get hold of CCTV footage of me bein at my work all day thursday and friday and saturday morning and also CCTV footage of my car bein parked outside my house on the thursday night when the car park company are sayin my car went into the car park

Comment

Does deflating the tyre help to free the clamp off?

Comment

no not really. by not damaging the clamp i mean clamp chain nefink, hence why i took the damanged link with me...
                          hey **** em, what they gna do sue me?? they usually in the country illegally anyway..

Comment

Originally posted by skot View Post
                            He damaged the chain, not the clamp... I'm guessing that the chain was not physically attached.
                            And who exactly does the chain belong to....hummmm.....oh, the clampers and forms part of the 'clamp', either way its criminal damage - however juding from whats been said they look like rogue / cowboy clamper!

Comment

I always find clamping rather ironic.. They clamp you can you parked somewhere your not supposed to or for too long. So to rectify this issue they force you to stay there longer..

Independent bespoke mapping available see my Facebook or find me at WG Motorworks

Clique #14

Comment

Working...
                              X