This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Think. Always wear a seatbelt

Has anybody saw the new advert? Just seen it on Mtv. Defo made me think bout always making sure im wearing a seatbelt. Im guilty if im just nipping to the shops or that not bothering to put one on but always will now

i don't know about the rest of the range but i can't believe the Astra does not have a warning for when you dont have your seatbelt on

Comment

my sri had the warning but the vxr doesn`t , anyway i allways wear my seatbelt as i`ve seen too many accidents ,

Comment

i always wear my seatbelt and also make sure any 1 that goes in my car wheres there seatbelt!

Comment

I deliberately tried to drive to the shops a few hundred yards away a few weeks ago without seat beat on. I got about 1/3 of the way and had to put it on. It just felt SO wrong and the beep from the dash was doing my head in!
          Its total habit;
          • Get into car and close door
          • Key into ignition
          • Seat belt on
          • start her up and move off

& i won't be changing it. (See posts from N0ddie_VXR over the weekend for very good reason why)

Comment

i actually feel uncomfortable without a seat belt on

Comment

I wear mine (now)..but the only big crash ive every been in ...wasnt wearing seatbelt and thats why I managed to walk away!!!
              sigpicUse to have Astra VXR ST2(courtenay Sport ) 281bhp & 323lb/ft
              Gotta L200 4x4 now....Mental
              Who is up for a spot of Offroading

Comment

Only Idiots Knowingly Don't Wear Seatbelts!!!

Comment

I wear mine all the time.

The accident I was in on Friday night would have been a lot worse if I hadn't been wearing it. Certainly wouldnt have walked away from it like I did.

Comment

Originally posted by Longshanks100 View Post
                    I deliberately tried to drive to the shops a few hundred yards away a few weeks ago without seat beat on. I got about 1/3 of the way and had to put it on. It just felt SO wrong and the beep from the dash was doing my head in!
                    Its total habit;
                    • Key into ignition
                    • Seat belt on

& i won't be changing it. (See posts from N0ddie_VXR over the weekend for very good reason why)

HAHAHA thats what i do everytime i get in my car without fail. weird thing is i put the key in ignition turn it abit. i let it do that dial start up thing while im putting my belt on
                    Corsa Has Left The Building

Comment

Originally posted by rams View Post
                      I wear mine (now)..but the only big crash ive every been in ...wasnt wearing seatbelt and thats why I managed to walk away!!!
                      I've heard a similar story.

Guy wasn't wearing a seatbelt and was thrown clear of the car. If he was wearing it he would of been impailed by a tree branch

Comment

Plod: "Now because you weren't wearing your seat belt you were throw clear of this metal bar which would of cut you in two, however you were not wearing one so here's a ticket.."

I wonder if that has ever happened?

Independent bespoke mapping available see my Facebook or find me at WG Motorworks

Clique #14

Comment

Originally posted by R i c h a r d View Post
                          Plod: "Now because you weren't wearing your seat belt you were throw clear of this metal bar which would of cut you in two, however you were not wearing one so here's a ticket.."

Car also comes to rest on double yellow lines so is given a ticket and clamped

Comment

Originally posted by R i c h a r d View Post

Hey like I said....I wear mine now.....What the police said was ...what speed were you going at??? (because we have traffic cops there just now at the crash site ) my response dont know officer wasnt looking at speedo was looking at road but would have been under the speed limit, there response...we can tell how fast you were going sonny...with the brake marks so admit you were speeding, my final response and i quote" good luck with that then officer as i didnt brake once ...end of police interogation!!!! ( and just to clarify...wasnt speeding but was driving a car which was completely overloaded with all the tools out of my van)
                            sigpicUse to have Astra VXR ST2(courtenay Sport ) 281bhp & 323lb/ft
                            Gotta L200 4x4 now....Mental
                            Who is up for a spot of Offroading

Comment

Originally posted by Longshanks100 View Post
                              Its total habit;
                              • Key into ignition
                              • Seat belt on

Lmao!!! Thats the what I do to

I do hate this advert though...it's soooo graphic! But like someone already mentioned, it just feels so wrong when you don't have a seat belt on...my brother never wears his seatbelt when he's driving with me...it makes me so nervous

Comment

Working...
                              X