X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• speed cameras

hi every one,

Does anyone no if the mobile speed cameras give 10% margin for error?

Cheers

yes pretty sure they have to

Comment

Yeah i think they do, but if you had a laser pro park u wouldnt have had to worry

Comment

well might have to invest. Was in a van so hoping that with the speedo inaccuracy and 10% margin I might be safe. Long couple of weeks to wait.

Comment

As most of us don't have calibrated speedos in our cars (the speedo usually shows the speed slightly higher - maybe 2 or 3MPH more - than you're actually travelling at) the police cameras I believe must allow a margin of error of around 10%.
          sigpic
          Was TV Mag Featured Astra VXR Nurburgring Edition 353, gone but not forgotten. Current car MY15 RR Evoque Dynamic SD4 Zanzibar Bronze with Black Pack, Magnetic Ride, 20" Forged OEM Stormer Alloys, Fully Loaded xx

Comment

Fingers X'd for you
            sigpic
            Was TV Mag Featured Astra VXR Nurburgring Edition 353, gone but not forgotten. Current car MY15 RR Evoque Dynamic SD4 Zanzibar Bronze with Black Pack, Magnetic Ride, 20" Forged OEM Stormer Alloys, Fully Loaded xx

Comment

30 - 35mph = no action taken

34+ = ticket

Comment

Originally posted by Jay 1983 View Post
                30 - 35mph = no action taken

34+ = ticket
                ??????............is that a deliberate mistake Jay
                34 + 1 = 35

think it is sometimes also different margins in different force areas
                Son of the Clyde a roaming went
                Sinned aplenty, much to repent
                loved and lost, gave and took
                Way too lazy to write a book.sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Red Rooster View Post
                  ??????............is that a deliberate mistake Jay
                  34 + 1 = 35

think it is sometimes also different margins in different force areas

Sorry that was a mistake, ment to be 35+, thinkit veries though like you say from force to force.

Comment

Originally posted by Jay 1983 View Post
                    Sorry that was a mistake, ment to be 35+, thinkit veries though like you say from force to force.
                    i agree
                    The Derv-ert
                    "Goes quicker than a smackheads giro"

Comment

10% round my area , 33 in 30 ok , 34 =

Comment

Im just going to have to wait and see. It was a mobile unit aiming towards me do they register on coming traffic? Or do you need to be traveling away from it?

Comment

Originally posted by AlexVxr View Post
                          Im just going to have to wait and see. It was a mobile unit aiming towards me do they register on coming traffic? Or do you need to be traveling away from it?
                          Not 100% sure, they deffinately get you going towards them but i also think they can get you going away from them as the principal is the same.

Comment

Was it a PC with a speed gun or a mobile van, because, and I dont know if im right here, but, I thought that the cop with a speed gun stops you and writes the ticket out himself there and then, so if he did'nt stop you your ok. But if it was a mobile van then you may still get the ticket through the post
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dave.tam View Post
                              Was it a PC with a speed gun or a mobile van, because, and I dont know if im right here, but, I thought that the cop with a speed gun stops you and writes the ticket out himself there and then, so if he did'nt stop you your ok. But if it was a mobile van then you may still get the ticket through the post
                              Your correct with the above. But i believe it was a speed van that may have got him. If this is thr case if you havent heard abything within a couple of weeks your unlikely to.

Comment

Working...
                              X