This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 60gb vs 80gb PS3

I ve just been looking at the prices on ebay for both these consoles and I'm surprised to see that 60gb used consoles are selling for more that new 80gb ones.

Apart from the memory size is the any difference between them?

I know the 40gb models lost some options that the 60gb had, but it that the same story with the 80gb??

Thanks

i have got the 60gb version which i got on release day and it has all the memory card bits on the front not sure if the 80gb has that??
    sigpic
    TMS Bluefin Stage 3, Lower mount intercooler, Remus, TMS Alcons, LSD, KW V3's, ITG Filter, Iridium Plugs, Blue SMD Conversion, AFL, Climate, Cruise, S&L, Bluetooth, CD70

www.thorneymotorsport.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by evertonian View Post
      i have got the 60gb version which i got on release day and it has all the memory card bits on the front not sure if the 80gb has that??

Yeah I just found some info on them.

60gb has an Emotion engine that makes it backwards compatiable with PS2 and PS1 games.

80gb Just has an emulator which will play most modern PS2 titles also motor storm is saved to hard disk as far as I've read.

Comment

i maybe wrong but i think i read somewhere that the ps3 hardrive can be removed and you could then replace it with a bigger one
        sigpic
        TMS Bluefin Stage 3, Lower mount intercooler, Remus, TMS Alcons, LSD, KW V3's, ITG Filter, Iridium Plugs, Blue SMD Conversion, AFL, Climate, Cruise, S&L, Bluetooth, CD70

www.thorneymotorsport.co.uk

Comment

to be honest mate i was going to play my ps2 games when i got ps3 but in the end i never played them on my ps3 and sold them all, i got 60gb version and thats enough for me i store all my pics movies music on my black passport that i hook up into the ps3 looks very swish with it too which holds 250gb and that cost me 50 quid from ebay !!
          Arden Racing Edition

Comment

as above, the 60gb version has hardware PS2 emulation (not software) card readers and more USB ports.

Whats more, the hard drive is a SATA laptop hard drive in a specially designed cradle, allowing for easy removal. Plug a USB hard drive into your PS3, use the back utility that they provide to copy your data, whip the 60gb drive out, and then the sky is your limit

250gb anybody ?

Theres a how to (complete with screenshots of a 100gb PS3) Here
            Last edited by MrLOL; 19 November 2008, 02:26 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X