Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Getting rid of orange peel... Detailers?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting rid of orange peel... Detailers?

No, not from the fruit but in paint work.

My bonnet, doors and rear quaters seem to be all orangepeel-y. How would I get rid of this, and would it be covered by the Vauxhall paint warenty?

my paint is bang on, i would take it to the dealers, worth a try
    VXR gone Audi A6 Avant - Le Mans in
    http://www.forgemotorsport.co.uk/ PROUD TO BE A RUDE YORKSHIRE IDIOT SINCE 1981!

Comment

sounds like its been re-painted

accident?

Comment

it will be a poor quality finish from the factory unfortunately

quite a few manufacturers suffer from this as the painting is done by machine.

Only way to remove it is to fully wet send the entire car and polish it out. But it will be a long and expensive process unless you have the skill to do it yourself.

Comment

Fault covered by paint warranty. Been down that road

Comment

As stated above this is generally due to the paint process from the paint factory, most mass produced cars suffer from this to some extent. Wet sanding is the only way to get rid off it but as stated above its a long and expensive process and very easy to get wrong and mess up if you di it yourself.

However, i didnt know this could be classsed as a pain defect under warrenty. What did Vauxhall do then and how long does the paint warranty last for as mine suffers from this problem but have learnt to live with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Jay 1983 View Post
              As stated above this is generally due to the paint process from the paint factory, most mass produced cars suffer from this to some extent. Wet sanding is the only way to get rid off it but as stated above its a long and expensive process and very easy to get wrong and mess up if you di it yourself.

However, i didnt know this could be classsed as a pain defect under warrenty. What did Vauxhall do then and how long does the paint warranty last for as mine suffers from this problem but have learnt to live with it.
              I was told by Vaux that the paint warranty is only for 1 year

Comment

Well I wen't to vaux and the warenty guy said tough as it's a mass production car I have to live with it as all cars have this problem. However I'm sure it's worse on my car than others

Comment

Originally posted by skot View Post
                  Well I wen't to vaux and the warenty guy said tough as it's a mass production car I have to live with it as all cars have this problem. However I'm sure it's worse on my car than others
                  Trust me ive seen better and alot worse than mine, its the normal unless you have a really expensive car. Even my folks £120,000 aston DB9 has it to a small extent but the paint process for that car is alot more detailed rather than being on a conveyer.

Comment

Working...
                  X