This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 20mph over the limit = 6 points

Anyone else heared of the new proposal. 20mph+ over the posted limit and you will be slapped with 6 points.

Thats fair enough if its a 20 or 30 zone, but on a motorway that's just rediculous. As it is 70 is too low for modern day cars which are capable of sitting at 100+ safely and comfortably. As usual our government are just trying to shaft the average motorist.

caught doing 90mph twice and you'll lose your licesne. How's that fair when majority of the time 90mph is a perfectly safe cruising speed.

i heard this on radio! don't they want us to have fun anymore!!!

Comment

Originally posted by moore View Post
      i heard this on radio! don't they want us to have fun anymore!!!
      did they ever want us to have fun

Comment

I heard about this & don't particularly agree with the new proposal...but I don't agree with you saying cruising at 90/100mph is safe either, it isn't at all! Just because modern cars have that ability to do it doesn't mean it isn't dangerous...

...I know...why don't you have a crash at that speed and then come back saying it's safe, then you might have an argument

Comment

They have been on about doing this for a while, depending how far over the speed limit you go depends how many points and much of a fine. So, in theory 'minor' infractions you might get a point or two, example doing 36 in a 30mph zone. Drive caught really exceeding the limit would get more points and bigger fine.

Like i said this has been on the cards for a while but nothing had been said about if or when it comes into effect. At the moment if your caught doing 100+ it can be an instant ban!

I'll keep you posted if i hear anything.

Comment

I put this on earlier Earlier thread

Jay if we're honest we know the way it works and the likelyhood is that if you're caught speeding in a 30mph zone generally residential they're gonna screw you more

Comment

Laser pro park vs them i know who i bet my money on

Comment

Originally posted by MissyV View Post
                I heard about this & don't particularly agree with the new proposal...but I don't agree with you saying cruising at 90/100mph is safe either, it isn't at all! Just because modern cars have that ability to do it doesn't mean it isn't dangerous...

...I know...why don't you have a crash at that speed and then come back saying it's safe, then you might have an argument
                How can it be seen as safe in Germany then? A larger % of the autobahn is unrestricted. If it wasn't safe to do those speeds there then it would have a speed limit. What's the difference between a Kraut motorist and a British one?

Also how can a crash at 70 differ to one at 80 or 80 to one at 90?

Comment

Originally posted by skot View Post
                  How can it be seen as safe in Germany then? A larger % of the autobahn is unrestricted. If it wasn't safe to do those speeds there then it would have a speed limit. What's the difference between a Kraut motorist and a British one?

more of a chance of goin through the barrier and bein killed!!

Comment

Answer is...... massively in some cases the difference between death or broken bones....

And as I've read on another forum - an off peak change in MPH limits on motorway would make sense. I seem to remember reading somewhere that the autobahns are some of the safest roads in the world.

Comment

Originally posted by Jay 1983 View Post
                      They have been on about doing this for a while, depending how far over the speed limit you go depends how many points and much of a fine. So, in theory 'minor' infractions you might get a point or two, example doing 36 in a 30mph zone. Drive caught really exceeding the limit would get more points and bigger fine.

Like i said this has been on the cards for a while but nothing had been said about if or when it comes into effect. At the moment if your caught doing 100+ it can be an instant ban!

I'll keep you posted if i hear anything.
                      Jay 1983 are you a traffic cop? if so could I ask you a question. I gave my then "mate" a shot of my car as he told me he was insured!! he absolutly destroyed the car (as seen on my pic)! now the traffic cop at the scene (could not have been more helpful) told me I would not get anything on my license as he was th one driving and he told the police in his statment he had insurance!!! turned out he didnt!
                      6 Months down the line and I had my license revoked with 8 points (new drivers act later reduced to 6 due to computer error) and the driver got 4 points and a £200 fine ( I got £250 and 8 points )
                      I lost a 7.5k car, lost my license and have to pay for barriers the car hit!
                      The driver got off with a ban where as I did not (and the DVLA are the worst organisation I have ever had the displeasure of dealing with taking since MAY to process my ban!!) I have raised a case to get him to pay for the money!

But my question is, is this the norm? or does this seem like a weird case!
                      I think nearly losing my life, being in massive amounts of debt with no car was a lesson enough as I understand giving the keys over was the biggest mistake! sorry to hijack

back on topic that is a good thing means people keep normal driving for the road and if they want to go fast keep it for the track
                      Apps, Tech and Gaming
                      CURRENT CAR - ASTRA VXR

Comment

Speed Kills Scott!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MissyV View Post
                          Speed Kills Scott!!!!

But speed doesn't kill. Coming to a sudden stop kills.

Going into the back of someone daudling along the motorway at 45 kills.

People who do less than 60mph on the motorway are much more dangerous than those who do 90+

Here's proof that speed doesn't kill http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=gT8GbYL35oU

Comment

Im off to live in Germany iv had enough of this country.. cya!!

Then i wake up lol

Comment

I know what that link is before even clicking on it! That advert is nasty I hate it...but if you have a crash @ 90/100mph...you'll likely to have much more damage than that happening to you...

I'm sorry but you can't seriously say that someone who's travelling at 90mph+ will be able to react quicker than someone doing significantly less...!? Just think of the force of impact behind a speeding car... it's kinda like a no brainer really.

Speed can/does kill. Fact

C'mon where are the traffic officers to back me up lol!

Comment

Working...
                              X