This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Gauges........fitted

As some of you know the 3 gauge set up i had was sold, simply as the lad wanting some could NOT wait for me to make a trim up.....!!!! After he hounded me enough and offered the right money.. I pulled them out mine and fitted to his..........

So these were sold and gone:

So thought i would get something different and went here:
    http://www.optionimports.com/greddy-52mm-gauge.html

Yes i know they are red lit, but thought would simply change to blue......
    WRONG..!!!
    When i stripped them there were white leds in them and the dial face was diffused red.!!!! so did not matter what colour was behind it would still shine RED..!!! Kicking myself after spending money thought shall i return, but took a while to sort with america, so started thing a way round it...
    EASY....Make another dial face, that way i could customise it so they were all similar as the 3 greddy ones did'nt really match each other.....So hours on computer at mates sign shop (thanks Daz) we had designed another face all with exact same positions and values, ( with a little couple of personal touches ) printed them off from plotter and would simply be sticking them on new perspex front....

WRONG...!!!!
    The black let light through did'nt diffuse the blue good enough, so another design in material choice and here they are old greddy ones compared to my design ones..

So after ALOT of internal work making the circuit for the blue smd's and red smd to light needle WHICH they now have VXR ones taken from the fuel gauge and silver bit sprayed black to match my main speedo clocks.....They are DONE......at last.

So was all the work worth it......???? Should i have just sent them back across the pond and found some others....??
    Ended with 3 High spec gauges, that give full sweep on start up like OE speedo, needles to match, vxr logo in each which illuminates and matching graphics in each, plus the face's have the matt face look same as OE speedo.

sigpic
    WHICH ONE TODAY.... ???

LAMBORGHINI LP560-4.....VXR8 BATHURST:S...or.....FOCUS RS

While i appreciate the amount of work there dude, i still believe Defi's are the daddies of all guages

Comment

crazy

Comment

Top job mate

Comment

daz **** off now my heads in bits cracking work pal

Comment

Very nice mate, great work!

Comment

spot on as always daz looks the nuts mate
              for all your VXR tuning needs phone courtenays on 01692 404313 or vist www.courtenaysport.co.uk

Comment

Top job as always and still bloody waiting for ours

Comment

right do me a set

Comment

Look the dogs m8, fantastic work as usual
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandy VXR View Post
                      Top job as always and still bloody waiting for ours
                      Mandy, me and Eamoon spoke along time ago about them and he was holding off time being as your vixer was due to have other mods..........
                      sigpic
                      WHICH ONE TODAY.... ???

LAMBORGHINI LP560-4.....VXR8 BATHURST:S...or.....FOCUS RS

Comment

Great

Comment

Did you take pics at church.......???? lol

2nd to last pic there is a cross in the water temp gauge..........!!!!!!!!!!

Apart from that STUNNING work, with the gauges and trim design...........Jealous...

Comment

Must say they look sweet as Nice work as always Mr LED Man

Comment

yet again, awsome work daz. just hope you can do something for me.
                              BLACK TURLBY ASTRA 888 NUMBER 10

MK1 FOCUS RS

RED CORSA GSI

Comment

Working...
                              X