This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Honda civic type r import ek9

Has anyone ever owned one or been in one?thinking of buying one and keeping the vxr for weekends

Been in a couple of them , pretty hardcore compared to the VXR
    sigpic
    Originally posted by soosie
    Gosh Cerberus , yours is exceptionally long !
    Gosh Cerberus , really, really HUGE !

Comment

Was gonna say. I see the vxr as more a comfy everyday car than an ek9 type-r.

Comment

i got rid of my ek9 for the vxr they are good cars but i was fed up with the whole waiting till 6200rpm for v-tec to kick dont get me wrong the are a fast car when u take into the fact it only a 1.6 they also handle very well as standard but they will be as heavy on fuel as the vxr

Comment

was going to get a type-r before a got the vxr.a did like the type-r but as u say didnt lik the fact of high rev the car to get it moving and the petrol is a killerand its a heavy car but really nice inside of the car and good ride bt wanted a turbo for the dump value and the vxr is fast way faster that the type-r but both really nice cars.

Comment

keep the vxr as a daily drive and get an Integra DC2 thay handle scary good and go like stink for a 1.8!!
            sigpic

Comment

Hi mate. One of my mates from uni has got an ek9 type r. Absolutly awesome piece of kit. Totally different drive to the vxr mainly due to the fact it has very little torque and you never seem to be thrown back in your seat like im sure you are used to . However have a glance down at the spedo and you will be hitting 100 at about the same time as you will in a vxr. The main difference between them is the handling. I have never been so amazed at the grip of a car as much as this one. He has spent a fair bit of time and money setting it up right but he will take corners consistantly around 20mph faster than i would EVER dare. I was actually going to get one and use it as a daily runner but the fuel consumption is just as bad/OK as the vxr and I'm sure the tax is the same if not only slightly less. If you do get one though you will never get bored of the noise of VTec kicking in .

I have some pics of his car at the end of this post if you are interested....it is absolutly mint,

http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sho...ight=cool+pics

Comment

Vtec does feel amazing though , totally different to turbo its more of a buzz as you have to want to cane the car makes it feel special where as turbo is available pretty much constantly
                sigpic

Comment

you can turbo or super charge the civic mind
                  VXR gone Audi A6 Avant - Le Mans in
                  http://www.forgemotorsport.co.uk/ PROUD TO BE A RUDE YORKSHIRE IDIOT SINCE 1981!

Comment

Working...
                  X