This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone Tried this Sub?

I'm thinking of putting a little sub in the boot, but I don't want it to take up much room, and I don't have much of a budget to do the install.

I have looked at the separate amp and speaker stuff, very nice, quite fancied a JBL setup, but I'm no good at carpentry, so mounting the sub will be a hassle.

I came across this Balupunkt sub, very compact. Has anyone tried it?
    http://www.bluespot.co.uk/stock/spkr0_2.asp

I don't really want massive loud thumping bass, I just want something to fill the low end of the sound and give me tight and punchy bass, not boomy bass. My HU is a Alpine X200.
    sigpic
    Focus ST3 in Orange 06' - Dreamscience Race Re-Map - DMB Orange Ford Overlays - Carbon Wrap Key - ST Orange Trim Mats - Facelift Duffuser - Facelift LED Rear Lights - Vredestein Ultrac Sessanta - LED Interior Lights - Silver Side Stripes - ST & DS Badges - Tinted Rear Windows - Vinyl Front Grill Lip - Rattle Free

ive got a cheap ripspeed 1 in the passanger footwell and the car mat hides it. only cost £40 from halfords i bought it for my other astra but decide to put it in the vxr. it doesnt give u the big punch of a 10-12" sub but it does sound good for the size.

Comment

Originally posted by crispi chris View Post
      ive got a cheap ripspeed 1 in the passanger footwell and the car mat hides it. only cost £40 from halfords i bought it for my other astra but decide to put it in the vxr. it doesnt give u the big punch of a 10-12" sub but it does sound good for the size.
      The ripspeed one only goes down to 80Hz, the Blaupunkt goes down to 40~Hz, so should sound even better!
      sigpic
      Focus ST3 in Orange 06' - Dreamscience Race Re-Map - DMB Orange Ford Overlays - Carbon Wrap Key - ST Orange Trim Mats - Facelift Duffuser - Facelift LED Rear Lights - Vredestein Ultrac Sessanta - LED Interior Lights - Silver Side Stripes - ST & DS Badges - Tinted Rear Windows - Vinyl Front Grill Lip - Rattle Free

Comment

have a look at infinity they do an 8" under seat sub, they also do a triple 8/10" sub that only sticks out 100mm and goes the width of ure boot (both were designed for little cars but give maximum base) the single is about £100 and the tripple is ONLY £200.

Comment

Originally posted by crispi chris View Post
          have a look at infinity they do an 8" under seat sub, they also do a triple 8/10" sub that only sticks out 100mm and goes the width of ure boot (both were designed for little cars but give maximum base) the single is about £100 and the tripple is ONLY £200.
          Do you have a link?, looked on their site, but cant find it.
          sigpic

Comment

cant find a link, it was a guy from leeds who worked at unicar who was selling them on ebay. i will try get a link though.

Comment

http://caraudiosecurity.com/shop/pro...s_id/3831.html

hope this helps
              its the baselink t range.

Comment

Ah, thanks very much, looks good

I'm tempted to buy a JBL GTO752 Amp and a JBL CS or GTO sub. Anyone have experience with these?
                sigpic

Comment

i have that sub, its very good, tbh i am very impressed with it.....try this thread pal: http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=25666 the 3rd post in to it a little...

Comment

Originally posted by DrG View Post
                    i have that sub, its very good, tbh i am very impressed with it.....try this thread pal: http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=25666 the 3rd post in to it a little...
                    I would love a pic of your setup mate
                    sigpic

Comment

Working...
                    X