Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Here is what the next Astra VXR might be capable of with a stock turbo....

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here is what the next Astra VXR might be capable of with a stock turbo....

http://audi-sport.net/vb/showthread....highlight=revo

I clicked on the advert above on that forum and they upgrade the turbo to a "bigger one". Are bigger uprated turbo's available for the current VXR? Would be awesome to have 360 bhp sitting under the hood

Comment

Originally posted by timbage View Post
      Are bigger uprated turbo's available for the current VXR? Would be awesome to have 360 bhp sitting under the hood
      You would have to go down the Garrett route to get anything upto 360bhp. Tubular manifold etc etc. This may well be on my shopping list new year

Comment

Link doesnt work for me

Comment

Originally posted by Daleyboy View Post
          You would have to go down the Garrett route to get anything upto 360bhp. Tubular manifold etc etc. This may well be on my shopping list new year
          Was looking at this Garrett GT28 Roller Bearing Turbo which can take you to above 400bhp...so they say. To be honest the Audi boys A3's are far better set up for taking them upto higher bhp's and some of them are 4wd. Altough the A3 is a nice car the looks leave me luke warm compared to the VXR

Comment

That forum is up and down like a yoyo.

Basically it is the TFSi engine as found in the Audi S3 TFSi, Golf Edition 30/Pirelli and Leon Cupra TFSi with the stock turbo.

Modifications include;
            Turbo Back Exhaust - ie Milltek
            Uprated Air Intake - ie Evoms or Dbilas
            Uprated Fuel Pump - ie Autotech, APR, KMD
            Uprated Intercooler (not required on S3) - ie Forge, APR or an S3 cooler
            Revo Stage 2+ software

The TFSi engine works on high pressure direct injection (130 Bar when mapped) and uses a KKK K04 Twin Scroll turbo.

In stock form the engine in its various guises makes

Edition 30/Pirelli - 230bhp
            Cupra - 240bhp
            S3 - 260bhp

All will map to 305bhp with no other modifications with Revo Software (stage 1)

Stage 2 Revo requires turbo back exhaust and an uprated air intake and will give approx 325-330bhp

Stage 2+ requires intercooler and fuel pump over stage 2 and gives over 350bhp.

Fairly impressive figures for a factory engine and turbo running at approx 1.5 Bar of boost.

Comment

Lot of internal work required to achieve the 400bhp mark! been chatting to a few guys on another forum and one guy is running 420bhp on mk4 astra gsi. Using GT30 turbo Massive!! The guy has spent alot of money though.

Comment

Traction is bad enough standard nevermind 400 ponies lol
                sigpic
                Originally posted by soosie
                Gosh Cerberus , yours is exceptionally long !
                Originally posted by soosie
                Gosh Cerberus , really, really HUGE !

Comment

One guy I know gets wheel spin in 3rd all the time in the dry!!! Crazy!!

Comment

With an LSD I think that it might be able you might be able to lay down the power with the right map.

Is a 4wd conversion possible?

Comment

Originally posted by timbage View Post
                      With an LSD I think that it might be able you might be able to lay down the power with the right map.

Is a 4wd conversion possible?
                      Probably at a cost that would have meant buying an EVO X or S3 would have been cheaper and probably better idea in the first place

Astra

Comment

Originally posted by Cerberus View Post
                        Traction is bad enough standard nevermind 400 ponies lol
                        All depends on how the car is mapped

Comment

Originally posted by astragsi View Post
                          LOL

Comment

Mikey runs hides and say's nothing to this post but watch the empty space

Comment

Originally posted by astragsi View Post
                              that is very agree. when am I getting a blast in yer beast?

Comment

Working...
                              X