This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tax cuts.....Erm!

Ive just read the pre budget report and as far as I can see. Im going to be even worse off than before.

We are getting a 13 month tax cut on VAT, great, things will be slightly cheaper ie food at restaurants and adult clothing (not exactly a big spender here). However, VAT on fuel is going to be raised to cover it (huge spender here) and to make matters worse, we are not getting any form of income tax cut, instead they are raising our NI contributions for people who are earning over 20k (me).

So, to help people struggling they are going to tax us more on NI and up VAT on fuel.

BIG HELP BERKS.
    Black Astra VXR...

More interested in how we will see much benefit of the 2.5% VAT reduction as companies will need to offset this against the amount of money and effort they will have to spend updating all their product prices, catalogues, websites, etc,etc...

Would've been better off just reducing income tax and corporation tax as a whole, put the money directly in peoples pockets then they are more likely to spend it.

Comment

Dammit thought Petrol will come down in price due to the VAT Cut
      Corsa Has Left The Building

Comment

Could not agree more.
        Black Astra VXR...

Comment

ahhh the good old governments humpin us all again

Comment

Originally posted by AlexFi View Post
            More interested in how we will see much benefit of the 2.5% VAT reduction as companies will need to offset this against the amount of money and effort they will have to spend updating all their product prices, catalogues, websites, etc,etc...

Would've been better off just reducing income tax and corporation tax as a whole, put the money directly in peoples pockets then they are more likely to spend it.
            I suppose the only negative to giving the cash in our pockets like they did in the US is that people leave it in the bank ($600 dollars per person they gave) rather than spend it.

Astra

Comment

Originally posted by zletsgo View Post
              I suppose the only negative to giving the cash in our pockets like they did in the US is that people leave it in the bank ($600 dollars per person they gave) rather than spend it.
              Least the banks would then have money to loan out

Comment

Least the banks would then have money to loan out
                They would just use it to kit out the staff room and buy "New customer pencils" etc

Astra

Comment

Originally posted by zletsgo View Post
                  They would just use it to kit out the staff room and buy "New customer pencils" etc
                  Bit of bubbly for the retirement parties which they'll all be having shortly for the CEO's

Comment

... and its so nice of iran to invite the saudi's and opec to sell their oil, using the euro, thru them instead of using the petrodollar cycle. didnt saddam try that and we all know wot happened to him. i think this s*** is just getting started ... so hold on people

Comment

Originally posted by duffvxr View Post
                      ahhh the good old governments humpin us all again
                      we voted it in so we are the ones to blame for what they do! but the real culprits of this whole fiasco in the first place is the damn banks, and we are bailing them out!!!!

Comment

I think its another example of this hasnt been thought through properly as on the outset it sounds a good idea, but as you think about it more its not so brillant afterall

Originally posted by hutch924 View Post
                        we voted it in so we are the ones to blame for what they do! but the real culprits of this whole fiasco in the first place is the damn banks, and we are bailing them out!!!!
                        Very true - I just hope these big bankers dont get fat bonuses from now on, especially when its public money now prop'in them up !
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by R15VXR View Post
                          Very true - I just hope these big bankers dont get fat bonuses from now on, especially when its public money now prop'in them up !
                          I read somewhere that one of the CEO's of one of the Banks under threat was only going to get his basic wage of £600k this year unlike last year where he got his basic plus a £47million bonus

Shocking figure...

Astra

Comment

Originally posted by hutch924 View Post
                            yeh i agree with you on that one but we vote them in after hearing their 'promises' but in reality they are all as bad as each other

Comment

no matter what they do it won`t even cover the rise if gas and electric nevermind petrol , as said on other threads about Mr Brown , we`re all doomed" no matter who`s in goverment we`re all fooooked , specially the working class , think it`s time we shut our borders and start from scratch , get the dole scammers back to working for their money . and what ever happened to great britian ?? no so fooooking great now is it

on the topic of money how come the local councils lost loads of our council tax money because of overseas banks , i though we paid that for the service`s we get like fire briggade / police / ambulance services plus refuge collection ect ect ... could go on and on but you get where i`m coming from

where`s our robin hood when we need him

Comment

Working...
                              X