This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ebay Question

how do you make your ebay name into a private bidder name cant find the option anywhere i aint new to ebay or nothing i got a feedback off 358 buying and selling stuff and wouldnt mind my name saying Bidder!!
    Arden Racing Edition

i dont agree with it makes it too easy to shill bid ebay and paypal are a con
    WARNING all replys are incorrect as usual

Comment

mmmmmmmmm true fella just everyboyd that been bidding or buying off me got private bidder used to be all there usernames!!!
      Arden Racing Edition

Comment

just a con i dont bother with it.....they want you to bid up items so they get more loot
        WARNING all replys are incorrect as usual

Comment

true fella but there are some good buys on ebay to be honest its there problem if they want to pay more for the item you put up mate
          Arden Racing Edition

Comment

you cant do it, Its up to the auction seller to specify when he lists the item whether or not he want to hide bidders ids.

so certain auctions u bid on will hide your id and others wont.

Hope this helps

Comment

cheers fella!
              Arden Racing Edition

Comment

Originally posted by WH05 FOZ View Post
                you cant do it, Its up to the auction seller to specify when he lists the item whether or not he want to hide bidders ids.

so certain auctions u bid on will hide your id and others wont.

Hope this helps
                You took the words right out of my mouth. You can however put yourself private. Id rather stay public so that ppl can see that you are a good buyer an seller. Mind you I would say that as I have 1069 There have been that many ppl conning lately that it ruins it for decent sellers and buyers.

Comment

did you sell a modded corsa c to a kid called aaron mate?

Comment

yes i did luke how do you know that fella iam also on bristol modified too now and again!
                    Arden Racing Edition

Comment

think you posted pics of it on here or somewhere lol! i went to school with him

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky_VXR View Post
                        how do you make your ebay name into a private bidder name cant find the option anywhere i aint new to ebay or nothing i got a feedback off 358 buying and selling stuff and wouldnt mind my name saying Bidder!!
                        I thought all auctions showed only Bidder1, Bidder2 etc. nowadays.

From ebay help pages:

To help protect members' privacy, bidder User IDs are hidden on the Bid History and View Item pages for all auction-style listings.
                        On eBay.co.uk, each bidder is assigned an anonymous name such as 'Bidder 1', 'Bidder 2', which is used consistently throughout the duration of the listing. The colour of the star next to the anonymous ID indicates the bidder's Feedback score (e.g. 10-49 = yellow star). Note that anonymous names may be used for different bidders across different auctions.
                        On eBay.ie, the anonymous names will use two random characters from the User ID, with three asterisks in between, e.g. 'x***y'. The bidder's actual Feedback score will be shown, and the masked ID is consistent for that bidder across all auctions.
                        Sellers still see all bidders' IDs on their listings, and each bidder can see their own ID when they're signed in. The winning bidder’s ID is visible to everyone after the auction ends.

Comment

mine is visble when i bid for something!
                          Arden Racing Edition

Comment

Originally posted by LukeVXR View Post
                            think you posted pics of it on here or somewhere lol! i went to school with him
                            did you mate aint it a small world ha ha , yeah he is tidy lad mate i know he going to look after it!
                            Arden Racing Edition

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky_VXR View Post
                              mine is visble when i bid for something!
                              Is it maybe only visible to you?
                              Can you see the usernames of those bidding against you?
                              Can you look at the bidder list when not logged in or logged in under different username to see if yours is still displayed?

Comment

Working...
                              X