This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Road trip around Europe

Incase anyone is interested me and a few friends are just about to embark on a road trip around Europe. Our route takes us down to Monte Carlo & then on to find the roads used in an older top gear episode. We will come back past the Nurburgring and Spa and if open have a couple of cheeky laps. We are likely to be doing between 4000-5000 miles and i will try to post pics of our progress depending on my internet access.

So if anyone is remotely interested.... watch this space!

Look forward to seeing some pics

Astra

Comment

leave steve out there, got the invite but im working over the weekend. have fun mate and stay safe.

Rabbid Tuned - WG Motorworks
      www.wgmotorworks.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by James_VXR View Post
        leave steve out there, got the invite but im working over the weekend. have fun mate and stay safe.
        yeah, basically everyone was invited but not a good time of year for everyone... oh well! gonna see how many miles we can get to a full tank

Comment

wish we were going with you sounds like an awsome trip

Comment

Originally posted by paperjams View Post
            Incase anyone is interested me and a few friends are just about to embark on a road trip around Europe. Our route takes us down to Monte Carlo & then on to find the roads used in an older top gear episode. We will come back past the Nurburgring and Spa and if open have a couple of cheeky laps. We are likely to be doing between 4000-5000 miles and i will try to post pics of our progress depending on my internet access.

So if anyone is remotely interested.... watch this space!
            Have fun, my brother and I did.

http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=6529
            sigpic
            Astra VXR | VXRacing Edition No 265 | Bluetooth | Cruise Control
            TMS Stage 2 map, Milltek, Bilstein B14 coilovers, Quaife LSD and AP Racing 4 pots.

Comment

sounds fun, have a good time

Comment

have a safe trip and look forward to seeing pics & vids whilst your on route

Comment

5K miles!! Enjoy the trip though!
                  I see dumb people.......
                  .....they're everywhere
                  .....they walk around like everyone else
                  .....they don't even know they're dumb

Comment

thanks for all the comments. Yup it is a lot of mileage but in my opinion its the best way to see the most of a country.

Not taking the VXR as it would cost too much in fuel and it needs new tyres. Going in a 530d bmw.. still pretty quick and is very comfortable but more importantly can do 50+ mpg without much effort. You wouldnt be able to tell we use it for road trips.... 06 plate & 71000 miles!

Comment

Originally posted by paperjams View Post
                      thanks for all the comments. Yup it is a lot of mileage but in my opinion its the best way to see the most of a country.

Not taking the VXR as it would cost too much in fuel and it needs new tyres. Going in a 530d bmw.. still pretty quick and is very comfortable but more importantly can do 50+ mpg without much effort. You wouldnt be able to tell we use it for road trips.... 06 plate & 71000 miles!
                      how you getting on?

Rabbid Tuned - WG Motorworks
                      www.wgmotorworks.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                      X