X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Phoenix
    VXRed blooded
    • 24 August 2008

Where am i gonna get one of these?

I need a salloon style car, something nice with quite a bit of kit, but for no more than £12k, and on a 57 or newer. Having looked at c-class, 3-series, a4 etc it seems im back with the vectra.

So, where on earth am i going to fina a manual 2.0t? Cant find them anywhere? Autotrader gave me about 6 results, all ****. Network q didnt help either.

Failing that, how does a 3.0 v6 Diesel SRi compare to the 2.2 petrol, and the VXR engine, in terms of pulling power and speed? I really dont want to drop to the 1.8 (ugh), but the estate needs to go.

If anyone wants the car in my sig, offers may be considered
    Last edited by Phoenix; 1 December 2008, 07:04 PM.
  • vxr bad boy
    VXR Baddest Boy
    • 1 October 2007

whats wrong with the vxr?
    sigpic
    GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN!

Comment

• Phoenix
      VXRed blooded
      • 24 August 2008

Originally posted by vxr bad boy
      whats wrong with the vxr?
      I'd love one, but fo a 57 im looking at at least 14k. That, and the chance it could get nicked... Well, i dunno. My current car p/x is maybe worth 7000 or something, so im going to struggle to make another 7k up.

Comment

• vxr bad boy
        VXR Baddest Boy
        • 1 October 2007

ok, so it has to be under a year old then really??
        with toys, meaning leather? sat nav, heated seats etc?
        also does it have to be manual?
        sigpic
        GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN!

Comment

• vxr bad boy
          VXR Baddest Boy
          • 1 October 2007

Originally posted by Phoenix
          I'd love one, but fo a 57 im looking at at least 14k. That, and the chance it could get nicked... Well, i dunno. My current car p/x is maybe worth 7000 or something, so im going to struggle to make another 7k up.
          get a tracker fitted, any car will get nicked if they want to nick it, btw mostly its the astras that are getting nicked anyway
          sigpic
          GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN!

Comment

• Phoenix
            VXRed blooded
            • 24 August 2008

Yes for the manual, yes for the Nav, not really bothered about leather, climate or heated seats.

Ive seen a lovely 3.0 v6 Vectra, 08 plate, Xenon lights, elec sunroof, headlight washers, 5000 miles, &#163;12,250. Just dont know if the engine is decent. I love powerful engines, but bloody hate diesel >_<

Comment

• vxr bad boy
              VXR Baddest Boy
              • 1 October 2007

Yes for the manual, yes for the Nav, not really bothered about leather, climate or heated seats.

Ive seen a lovely 3.0 v6 Vectra, 08 plate, Xenon lights, elec sunroof, headlight washers, 5000 miles, £12,250. Just dont know if the engine is decent. I love powerful engines, but bloody hate diesel >_<

it is possible to improve considerably
              sigpic
              GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN!

Comment

• t200edd
                VXRed
                • 26 March 2008

Ive seen a lovely 3.0 v6 Vectra, 08 plate, Xenon lights, elec sunroof, headlight washers, 5000 miles, £12,250. Just dont know if the engine is decent. I love powerful engines, but bloody hate diesel >_<
                new diesel engines are very tuneable and dare i say it.... quick from what they used to be. dont be put off. it sounds like a nice car. get a tuning box for it and save mpg and more power.

Comment

• Smudger
                  VXRed blooded
                  • 13 July 2008

get a zaffy you can pick one up for about 14k fully loaded in todays econimical climate, cheaper insurance, just as much fun to drive but the best thing is to see the horror on peoples faces when they get dusted by a people carrier and in my case with an old bloke driving with loads of kids in the back, priceless

Comment

• Phoenix
                    VXRed blooded
                    • 24 August 2008

Is the V6.D a good drive? And how does it sound? I love the noise of a petrol V6, how does the diesel match up.

Comment

Working...