This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New user

Just popped in to say hi, you might guess from the user name that I love Mondeos, and currently have an ST200 which over the past six years has given me trouble free most enjoyable motoring and I will hear nothing said against it.
    But and heres the rub had a Vectra VXR 280 in star silver on demo (via my company) and wow what a car I had previously loathed Vectras having had a bad experience with one previous to my ST but I think I might be lured over to the dark side and am currently pricing late 06 models (got to be the 280 nothing else will do) obviously must have 19's
    sat nav and bluetooth and preferably be in Arden blue.
    I have found a few at Pentagon Vauxhall and wondered if any of you nice guys now any dealers that are open to negotiation coz I can haggle for england and love to do it car dealers even if I only get a set of mats..
    So hopefully I will be a regular visitor in the future.
    Nice laid out site by the way

Yes, come on over to the dark side, ditch the Mondeo and go for the Vectra VXR, a wise choice!! , see ya on here soon and remember to post some pics up when you have the new motor :wink:
    Arden Astra VXR 888 Stage 3

My Astra VXR was for sale but now SOLD !

Comment

Come on and join us
      You will enjoy
      sigpic
      More than 34,900 viewings and counting
      Click Here to.................
      See My Wheels
      See My Wife's EX Wheels now Sold

Comment

Join the VXR veccie crew.

Come on you know you want to.

Comment

Re: New user

Originally posted by mondeomania
          Just popped in to say hi, you might guess from the user name that I love Mondeos, and currently have an ST200 which over the past six years has given me trouble free most enjoyable motoring and I will hear nothing said against it.
          But and heres the rub had a Vectra VXR 280 in star silver on demo (via my company) and wow what a car I had previously loathed Vectras having had a bad experience with one previous to my ST but I think I might be lured over to the dark side and am currently pricing late 06 models (got to be the 280 nothing else will do) obviously must have 19's
          I have found a few at Pentagon Vauxhall and wondered if any of you nice guys now any dealers that are open to negotiation coz I can haggle for england and love to do it car dealers even if I only get a set of mats..
          Hi and welcome, I don't know of any dealers that will haggle on the price, I phoned round few and played them off against each other to get the best price.
          Also I've yet to see a 280 model come up for sale as most have been factory orders todate. The ones at Pentagon could possibly be late 255 models that are still unregistered, I think that 12 were still knocking about...

The mats come as standard on the Vectra. :wink:

Comment

Re: New user

Glad to welcome you to the site. If you do decide to go for the Vectra, then may I suggest that you seriously consider the 18's. The Vectra performs on the handling side of things better with the 18's than the 19's. I have the 19's but will be looking to get a set of 18's for the road and keep the 19's for the circuit. Glad you liked the drive, I just love the engine sound sooooo smooth.

Comment

My mate had a blue ST 200 a few years ago, i think the 200 had the twin pipes and the 24 had just the single, nice car anyway

Comment

Thank you all I would never hear a word said against my ST by the way all 200's were performance blue and had twin exit exhaust it is a fine car and at the risk of argument a better car than the previous Vectra, that said I think Vauxhall have now dragged themselves ahead of Ford in both looks and performance and I have to say value for money.
                Now then next question what exactly is the score with the 280 model as niddvale are advertising an 06 plated one as a 280 now to my understanding the 280 was only available post september 06? all the others I have seen at Perrys and pentagon are ex demonstrators plated 56 so now I'm confused.
                And I appreciate the point about the 19's but I'm afraid I'm rather a form over function man and I doubt my style of driving will throw up many problems only the cost of the tyres but hey if you want it you have to pay right

Comment

Thank you all I would never hear a word said against my ST by the way all 200's were performance blue and had twin exit exhaust it is a fine car and at the risk of argument a better car than the previous Vectra, that said I think Vauxhall have now dragged themselves ahead of Ford in both looks and performance and I have to say value for money.
                  Now then next question what exactly is the score with the 280 model as niddvale are advertising an 06 plated one as a 280 now to my understanding the 280 was only available post september 06? all the others I have seen at Perrys and pentagon are ex demonstrators plated 56 so now I'm confused.
                  And I appreciate the point about the 19's but I'm afraid I'm rather a form over function man and I doubt my style of driving will throw up many problems only the cost of the tyres but hey if you want it you have to pay right
                  o areas you can immediatley check ;

i) open bonnet , look at air box on left hand side , peer past top layer of tubing and on the front of the airbox you'll see the main intake tube entering the airbox on the left and large hole on the right. 280PS cars have the hole

or

ii) open the drivers door and on the vin plate attached to the door pillar it should say 206kw rather than 188kw

Heresy!

The red does look good: I just prefer lighter metallics. Silver wasn't an option, as the wife would have inflicted severe injuries (previous 3 cars have been Silver).

No wing badges, just a sticker on the pillar inside the drivers door. If it says "188Kw" you have a 2006 model...

Comment

Also have a look here:

http://www.vxronline.co.uk/messagebo...r=asc&start=15

And yes you are right, 280 models were post Sept 06 so should in theory be on a 56 plate, unless the owner has put a private plate on like me... :wink:

Also see the Vectra pages at the top of the forum, you'll find several posts that relate/answer questions on the 280 version.

HTH...

Comment

Working...
                    X