This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arctic need peoples views....

Hi everyone, went to my local vauxhall dealerships last night (after hours) and they have the Arctic sitting there. What can I say it looks amazing!!! I want one so bad its unreal. The only thing is buying one would leave me with very little money each month (I live with the old man, pay for the wrecked car in my dp still, pay for the insurance on that still!) I could afford it but I have no license and would let my dad have it for 6 months (lost license 6 points so insurance will be sky high?)
    Now I like to treat the other half and could cut out the nights out and stuff but would still be a wee bit tight towards the end of every month!

Was thinking of the corsa Arctic or a BMW Z4 03 plate!!!

Is there anyone in the same situation? and have a VXR? (well with the license issue) is it worth it? does everyone think this is a good idea? all opinions welcome sorry for the long read its been bugging me all day
    Apps, Tech and Gaming
    CURRENT CAR - ASTRA VXR

Can I also say a massive thanks to everyone who gave there views on my court situation!!! namely Jay_1983 such a big help mate and if iam right in saying you are currently off work? get well soon and try enjoy the days you have off!
    Apps, Tech and Gaming
    CURRENT CAR - ASTRA VXR

Comment

Between the two Id go for the Artic as that would be a limited edition car plus I like it. Too small for me to have with 4 kids lol.

The only thing would out me off is the insurance what with losing your licence and having points as well. Also depends on your age. No harm in getting quotes or even insuring the car in your dads name and adding you as a 2nd driver. Might be cheaper but you wouldn't get your no claims.
      Personally Id wait til I had some spare cash as you never know when that little bit of money you have maybe needed for an emergency. Thats just me as Im a money worrier lol

Comment

you have to be sensible, find out how much your insurance on each is going to be before you make any decisions and figure out what you can afford

Comment

You dont wanna be tight financially come near the end of every month....You would be worrying yourself every month wether if you can make your payments for the car.

I would say save up maybe for the 6 months, use that as a deposit to pick up a second hand arctic, for a lot cheaper...

Comment

Yeah Bud, ..best to think of the costs of it all. It's not funny when you're finding things tight, coming up to the end of the month and then say something needs fixing on your car too. If you get the Arctic, then at least stuff would be mostly under warranty for the first 3 yrs. My other half has a Beemer and they're lovely, but servicing and maintaining them costs a bomb.
            sigpic
            Was TV Mag Featured Astra VXR Nurburgring Edition 353, gone but not forgotten. Current car MY15 RR Evoque Dynamic SD4 Zanzibar Bronze with Black Pack, Magnetic Ride, 20" Forged OEM Stormer Alloys, Fully Loaded xx

Comment

very true thought about saving up then getting one second hand. thanks everyone for getting back to me so quick. I suppose in the next couple of months I should get the buying cap on. The wait should/would be worth it anyway.

I will ask santa for my license we can always hope.
              Apps, Tech and Gaming
              CURRENT CAR - ASTRA VXR

Comment

Originally posted by PaulieMB View Post
                Yeah Bud, ..best to think of the costs of it all. It's not funny when you're finding things tight, coming up to the end of the month and then say something needs fixing on your car too. If you get the Arctic, then at least stuff would be mostly under warranty for the first 3 yrs. My other half has a Beemer and they're lovely, but servicing and maintaining them costs a bomb.

I work for BMW! What BMW has he got? I never liked them until i came and worked for them now I'm a total fan boy. New 335i in black M sport would not go a miss lol If you ever need any help or want to ask some questions PM me!!
                Apps, Tech and Gaming
                CURRENT CAR - ASTRA VXR

Comment

The wait will be WELL worth it Bud, ..I'm sure you'll find yourself a lovely Arctic with a couple of k's on the clock, when the time is right.
                  sigpic
                  Was TV Mag Featured Astra VXR Nurburgring Edition 353, gone but not forgotten. Current car MY15 RR Evoque Dynamic SD4 Zanzibar Bronze with Black Pack, Magnetic Ride, 20" Forged OEM Stormer Alloys, Fully Loaded xx

Comment

Originally posted by craigie89scotland View Post
                    I work for BMW! What BMW has he got? I never liked them until i came and worked for them now I'm a total fan boy. New 335i in black M sport would not go a miss lol If you ever need any help or want to ask some questions PM me!!
                    Cheers for that Bud. It's a black X5. Before I got the Burg I considered getting a nearly new 3 series M Sport convertible, but there was nothing up here when I was looking. It'd have cost me another almost 10k on top of what I paid for the Burg anyway. I'm well chuffed with what I've got, but doubt that the other half will be swayed away from BMW now. I like the look of the X6's, but I think it's a car/jeep that's not quite sure what it wants to be!
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by PaulieMB View Post
                      Cheers for that Bud. It's a black X5. Before I got the Burg I considered getting a nearly new 3 series M Sport convertible, but there was nothing up here when I was looking. It'd have cost me another almost 10k on top of what I paid for the Burg anyway. I'm well chuffed with what I've got, but doubt that the other half will be swayed away from BMW now. I like the look of the X6's, but I think it's a car/jeep that's not quite sure what it wants to be!
                      Love X5's there is just somthing about them...parking sensors are a common problem lol And later when I get in from work I shall PM you with regards to a recall coming out on them (somthing so daft but causes a light to come on on the dash)
                      Would always have a burg over a 3series I think you made the right choice there! Haha me and a friend in work thought the same thing when the press release X6 came down few months back! In all honesty we will see very few onthe roads.
                      Apps, Tech and Gaming
                      CURRENT CAR - ASTRA VXR

Comment

Is it my favourite dealer EvansHalshaw in EK that has the Artic in that you seen?? my mate gets his this month sometime from peters in motherwell, ave still not seen one yet so might pop down and have a look(once they are closed or the might damage my car again lol)
                        sigpic
                        Astra VXR,Focus ST,Astra VXR Burg 326,Focus RS,Bmw 3 Series Convertible
                        And now have an
                        Astra GTC VXR in Arden Blue
                        Aero kit, AFL premium forward lighting, Sat nav, Dark rear tinted windows, Electric folding mirrors and Rear parking sensors

Comment

Sorry for the late reply but have been busy with other things apart from the forum!

Id have to say whats the point. You going to leave yourself strapped finacially and the insurance will hammer you if you lost your license so soon after passing your test. Then if you get the car you cant so out with the other half as much which im pretty sure she wouldnt like. Then if you did get the car you would hgave to watch for at least 6 months of your dad driving your pride and joy.

If i were you i would wait until you get your licence back and then look at buying a car.

Comment

Originally posted by Ice_cube99 View Post
                            You dont wanna be tight financially come near the end of every month....You would be worrying yourself every month wether if you can make your payments for the car.

I would say save up maybe for the 6 months, use that as a deposit to pick up a second hand arctic, for a lot cheaper...
                            i agree

Rabbid Tuned - WG Motorworks
                            www.wgmotorworks.co.uk

Comment

Are you mad! Insurance is going to be skyhigh. You think your going to buy the car 6 months before you can drive it, think what it will lose in that time! I'm sorry but the only thing worth owing on is a mortgage. I wouldn't ever consider being strapped for cash just to own a vauxhall.
                              I see dumb people.......
                              .....they're everywhere
                              .....they walk around like everyone else
                              .....they don't even know they're dumb

Comment

Working...
                              X