This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vauxhall extended warranty?

Anyone got any experience of this & how much does it cost & what is covered?

Thanks

You have to call them and give your VRM, otherwise they will not quote you a price for the extended warrenty.

They qouted me about £350, this covered just about everything. (so they said, I did'nt check)
    sigpic

Comment

Who did you phone Dave, was it customer care?

Comment

was thinking about this when I saw your 60k service post. It is a network Q underwritten policy that covers mainly major mechanical defects not wear and tear items. Wish I had got it on my Zafira when I hit 60k at 1 year 10 months. My 2nd turbo and number 3 piston died at 82k and it would have been money well spent
        sigpicAstra VXR Stage 2, 279.7bhp Petrol, 292.0 bhp LPG
        Zafira 222 BHP LPG (stage 1), 295 Petrol (stage 3)

Need any stainless bolts for your rocker cover or anywhere else on your motor? PM for a good price

Comment

Originally posted by Flinty View Post
          Who did you phone Dave, was it customer care?
          It was a number my local dealer gave me, as they can't sell the warrentys anymore.

Ill have a look and see if I can dig it out but i've probably thrown it away
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jalfrezigazee View Post
            was thinking about this when I saw your 60k service post. It is a network Q underwritten policy that covers mainly major mechanical defects not wear and tear items. Wish I had got it on my Zafira when I hit 60k at 1 year 10 months. My 2nd turbo and number 3 piston died at 82k and it would have been money well spent
            hmmm, might have to look into this alot further I think mate!! How would you stand if the syncro went on the box for instance? or bearing on the flywheel?

Comment

Originally posted by dave.tam View Post
              It was a number my local dealer gave me, as they can't sell the warrentys anymore.

Ill have a look and see if I can dig it out but i've probably thrown it away
              Thanks Dave although you probably gave it a Viking burial

Comment

Thanks Dave although you probably gave it a Viking burial
                lol.

Found it. I don't throw much away

0870 752 7020.

It was £375
                sigpic

Comment

lol.

Found it. I don't throw much away

0870 752 7020.

It was £375
                  Ahh thanks mate, much appreciated..hows the FRV, are you pleased?

Comment

Yeah, it's really good. Obviously we dont have the looks or the performance but it's a really good car, although the misses swears it's faster It's just because she can floor it in the FRV and it just goes, rather than actually having to DRIVE the zafira! Saying that though, it's no slouch being the 2.2 ctdi

We have got all of our boot space back as it's got two rows of three instead of the two in the boot.

We are saving so much money aswell. The insurance is neary £1000 cheeaper. The road tax is only £170 for the year and we get 30mpg around town

We still miss the zafira, but dont miss the headaches
                    With the extra money i'm saving, i'm putting in a roof mounted dvd in and a propper sub in the spare wheel recess
                    sigpic

Comment

Cool glad your pleased..nothing like low down diesel torque, just a shame it only lasts for 1000 rpms

Had a DVD installed today, worth every penny

Comment

hmmm, might have to look into this alot further I think mate!! How would you stand if the syncro went on the box for instance? or bearing on the flywheel?
                        thats exactly what the warranty is for. Did you get that rear main seal changed under warranty after the Brands meeting? If not the warranty will sort that for you. Major mechanical failures are never wear and tear. Nor are oil or water leaks
                        sigpicAstra VXR Stage 2, 279.7bhp Petrol, 292.0 bhp LPG
                        Zafira 222 BHP LPG (stage 1), 295 Petrol (stage 3)

Need any stainless bolts for your rocker cover or anywhere else on your motor? PM for a good price

Comment

I asked Honda for the dvd and they quoted £1700!

My mate, an auto electrician, is fitting a 9" instead along with another 7" monitor in the center sunvisor (£300) I just need to wait and see when he can fit me in.

Its booked at 10sec to 62, but it feels faster lol
                          Last edited by dave.tam; 6 December 2008, 09:39 PM.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jalfrezigazee View Post
                            thats exactly what the warranty is for. Did you get that rear main seal changed under warranty after the Brands meeting? If not the warranty will sort that for you. Major mechanical failures are never wear and tear. Nor are oil or water leaks
                            Yes mate main seal has now been done

Comment

I asked Honda for the dvd and they quoted £1700!

My mate, an auto electrician, is fitting a 9" instead along with another 7" monitor in the center sunvisor (£300) I just need to wait and see when he can fit me in.

Its booked at 10sec to 62, but it feels faster lol
                              OMG what a rip off..some things never change even when you jump ship

Quite like that idea of 3 + 3 seating although I reckon it would cause a few problems in our house as to who sat in the front

Comment

Working...
                              X