Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• By Doing an advanced driving course...

By doing an advanced driving course, does that knock any money off your insurance? and also if anyone has done one can you recommend a good place to go???

TIA
    sigpic

give sparky a pm i'm sure he has something to do with it
    sigpic
    stealth no more but beware of the silver lightning GSI with vxr power
    M.U.F.C.
    http://www.courtenaysport.co.uk/

Comment

I think you have to do a qualification/exam to get IAM (Institute of Advanced Motoring) or other such cert. Even then not all insurers recognise so you'd have to pick carefully. Sparky's an Advanced Instructor so should know all the details in full :wink:

What I will say is even if you don't go for the cert route it's worth spending a day doing some Advanced Tuition as it really does make you think about your driving and has made a big difference in my personal driving. Found Sparky to be an excellent instructor, and hoping to book another refresher with him sometime later this year.

Comment

there is a course called maxdriver as in maxpower that is recognised by adrian flux and will knock at least 25% off your premium. worth giving your insurers up as some will not be atall interested and some will require set courses.

Comment

and hoping to book another refresher with him sometime later this year.[/quote]
          you need too
          sigpic
          M.U.F.C.

Comment

Originally posted by worsy
            and hoping to book another refresher with him sometime later this year.
            you need too [/quote]
            Cheeky, just coz you scared of my talents

Comment

Nah just scared of you!!

Comment

yes it will get you discounts, but you have to search hard for them.
                for some reason, many insurers still do discounts for Pass Plus which is in comparison a load of rubbish.

I have just got a quote back for my Meriva VXR from one of the IAM Insurers and it is about £80 cheaper than my cheapest quote so far.

Money well spent IMHO making you a better driver and more aware of what is going on around you. Advanced Motorcycling for me later this year!

Comment

Originally posted by AlexFi
                  Originally posted by worsy
                  and hoping to book another refresher with him sometime later this year.
                  you need too
                  Cheeky, just coz you scared of my talents [/quote]
                  scared of all men who wear skirt's
                  sigpic
                  M.U.F.C.

Comment

Originally posted by barney
                    for some reason, many insurers still do discounts for Pass Plus which is in comparison a load of rubbish.

I have just got a quote back for my Meriva VXR from one of the IAM Insurers and it is about £80 cheaper than my cheapest quote so far.

Money well spent IMHO making you a better driver and more aware of what is going on around you. Advanced Motorcycling for me later this year!
                    I still get my discount for pass plus. Only took it as it took £600 off my insurance on my first car

Comment

Originally posted by VXR - xtc
                      Originally posted by barney

I still get my discount for pass plus. Only took it as it took £600 off my insurance on my first car
                      Damn good deal.. remember when they were doing that!!!

Just confirmed my insurance with IAM Select and got £90 discount now, and all the extra cover, legal, hire car, low excess, recovery the lot in with that. My next best quote didnt have half of the above, and my excess was around £300 for a 26yr old. Was never even that bad in the vx turbo..... something I dont know about this Meriva VXR....

Seems that insurers screw you, based purely on the VXR branding

Comment

I have been told that it is due to the value of the car!!! but i done a quote on a new m3 for myself and it was £200 cheaper a year than the astra VXR!!!

Comment

Either way, its still mad

Comment

Yep have to agree with you there.

Comment

IAM will sometimes knock come cash off. Rospa / Roadar is less recognised but is more advanced then IAM and you are graded on your level of driving. There is Diamond which is more commercially recognised, or if you have alot of money and want to join a real enthusiasts club you could try HPC or Clubdriving. HPC requires a 2.5 day minimum assessment drive at a cost of around £1200 plus fuel and ware in your own car, however the standard of driving is very high (just under police standard) and many will not be recommended for membership after that time, they may require further training. However, once in, members "share keys" and drive each others cars under the HPC's own insurance, and they organise track days, trips abroad, you name it. (were talking Citroen's to Ferrari's, many members have prestige cars).

Comment

Working...
                              X