Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

European Road trip... we're back and alive!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• European Road trip... we're back and alive!

Well after roughly 3000 miles and 4 tanks of diesel we finally returned home. We eventually managed to visit the following countries...

England
    France
    Italy
    Switzerland
    Holand
    Germany
    Belgium

Journey stats.... avg mpg = 40.3 avg speed = 49 mph number of VXR/OPC's seen = 1!

After getting into Calais we began a journey straight down to Marsielle and managed to get there in a few hours We also popped in to Monaco

some lovely motors here too

Next morning headed straight to somewhere with some snow.... in retrospect not such a great idea in a very torquey RWD BMW but... good fun! -5 degrees and at least 2.5 feet of snow and 2000 metres above sea level made this one hell of a journey. I have honestly not seen such amazing views. One of us managed to get altitude sickness and we drove all the way up... back down and then had to go all the way back up again due to a landslide.

Whilst in the snow we did get quite badly stuck on a hill so had to wip out the snow chains

We explored the French, Italien and Swiss alps and all were equally epic! but was then time to move on to Amsterdam (via the autobahns!) the old beemer managed 140-5 ish with a lot of weight and quite heavy rain which we were all quite impressed with... while on the autobahns we saw our first and only vxr.

Managed to build up a few sweet wrappers by this point... especially as we drove through the night

Amsterdam.... lovely place with some lovely views! (some not quite so lovely) managed to find time for a sneeky schmoke and look at some of the georgeous ladies!

Not forgetting Zurick of course... again a great place (+ the chocolate)

Lots more pics to come... some of the beemer doing some drifting (ish) on the mountain roads

Anyway thanks for looking and sorry for boring anyone who isnt interested.

Was honestly one of the best things i have ever done and has allowed me to see some truely amazing places... including a very random train on a road to get through a 12k mountain in the swiss alps....really odd.

God you don't waste anytime. How much does it cost to do something like this? Looks pretty cool!
    I see dumb people.......
    .....they're everywhere
    .....they walk around like everyone else
    .....they don't even know they're dumb

Comment

nice pic's mate.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Drunken Master View Post
        God you don't waste anytime. How much does it cost to do something like this? Looks pretty cool!
        well there are 3 of us and we spent roughly £250 - £300 each inc absolutely everything... so not much!

Comment

heya mate glade you had a good time, so wish id come now. did you go round the ring?????

Rabbid Tuned - WG Motorworks
          www.wgmotorworks.co.uk

Comment

Looks awesome, Great Pictures Too

Comment

found a pic of the opc meriva on the autobahn

Comment

little shot steve just sent me of me giving the old girl a little bit of stick up the mountain roads.... nice shot steve!

Comment

for some reason i want to see switzerland.

Comment

Did u not go in a Vauxhall then ?
                    sigpic

Comment

great pics , i`ve always wanted to do something like that , maybe one day when kids have grown up and moved out i`ll be having my driving holiday , always wanted to pack a bag , fill the tank and away i go ,

Comment

Originally posted by R15VXR View Post
                        Did u not go in a Vauxhall then ?
                        didnt really fancy the fuel costs and i need new tyres + bmw was more comfy. Will do a trip in the VXR soon!

Comment

My son is loving the Integrales' and I love the snow pics , can't wait to go to the Alpes now.
                          CORSA VXR , ARDEN BLUE , S+L , AFL , 18'S .
                          sigpic

Gone but not forgotten .
                          MPS takes the edge off though !

Comment

Originally posted by soosie View Post
                            My son is loving the Integrales' and I love the snow pics , can't wait to go to the Alpes now.
                            they were awesome (integrales') + the alpes i suppose!

Comment

nice chains

Comment

Working...
                              X