Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how come the vxr doesnt map as well as VAG?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how come the vxr doesnt map as well as VAG?

as i still keep in touch with my old vw forum i have been reading up on how the newer vag range seem to map much better than vaux, for stage one revo and zorst you can push 320 bhp but they start with the same power as the vxr just about, random eh? guess the german engines are better
    http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=84615.0
    Last edited by Rob1981; 9 December 2008, 12:14 AM.
    VXR gone Audi A6 Avant - Le Mans in
    http://www.forgemotorsport.co.uk/ PROUD TO BE A RUDE YORKSHIRE IDIOT SINCE 1981!

just better ecus and hardware i wouldnt say better engines or cars....
    WARNING all replys are incorrect as usual

Comment

i guess, just annoys me lol

i am looking at stage 2 next year and will only see say 280 from that
      http://www.forgemotorsport.co.uk/ PROUD TO BE A RUDE YORKSHIRE IDIOT SINCE 1981!

Comment

Originally posted by RobToogood View Post
        i guess, just annoys me lol

i am looking at stage 2 next year and will only see say 280 from that
        Am sure the next generation GM 2L engine is out in the states and pushing 260ish std.

Just a case I think that the VXR engine is a generation behind the TFSI unit and a better turbo on the VAG cars

Astra

Comment

really? sweet, i guess the next astra vxr will be even more of a beast! cant wait

Comment

Originally posted by RobToogood View Post
            really? sweet, i guess the next astra vxr will be even more of a beast! cant wait
            If it gets that engine then yup I guess so - lets hope the credit crunch doesn't hamper cars into being sensible

Astra

Comment

The main problems with vauxhalls are the tiny turbo, restrictive exhaust (esp. the precat) and mediocre intercooler (especially the positioning of the VXR one).

Get these sorted and it turns it into quite an animal!
              Sold - Arden Blue Astra VXR on 19's
              Ordered - Pure White Golf GTI on 18's (couldn't stomach paying for 19" tyres any more!)

Comment

Originally posted by Gnasher View Post
                The main problems with vauxhalls are the tiny turbo, restrictive exhaust (esp. the precat) and mediocre intercooler (especially the positioning of the VXR one).

Get these sorted and it turns it into quite an animal!
                im busy with ALL of the above & more .. so wait 4 results once complete ..

Comment

I agree.

I drove a Leon Cupra the other day - 313bhp and 340lbft with just a remap and ITG filter

Edition 30 For me next i think
                  sigpic
                  My VXR from Start to Finish

Gone but not forgotten - one of the original crew

Comment

Also direct injection helps give better/cleaner burn which reduces knock etc They are also able to use higher compression ratio's siimular to N/A engines. As Zlet's already said; the new SIDI GM engine that is going into the Insignia (I believe) is simular technology

Comment

well i had a golf gti mk5 for a hire car while my vxr was in the body shop and i had that for 5 weeks and i didn't rate it at all i found it unresponsive and full of lag the only thing i didn't think that was that bad was the handling. But all i can say is thank god i got my vxr back!!

Comment

Why bother with the new, spend enough and you could get the old 2.2 up to 1400bhp, if you really wanted to

As flinty said the SIDI engine (Z20LNF) will hopefully come across, especially for maintaining performance whilst hitting emissions/econony - makes so much sense

Comment

Originally posted by Flinty View Post
                          Also direct injection helps give better/cleaner burn which reduces knock etc They are also able to use higher compression ratio's siimular to N/A engines. As Zlet's already said; the new SIDI GM engine that is going into the Insignia (I believe) is simular technology
                          Originally posted by AlexFi View Post
                          Why bother with the new, spend enough and you could get the old 2.2 up to 1400bhp, if you really wanted to

As flinty said the SIDI engine (Z20LNF) will hopefully come across, especially for maintaining performance whilst hitting emissions/econony - makes so much sense
                          That's the one (Couldn't remember the name for the life of me!)

Trust Alex to know the engine code

Astra

Comment

Originally posted by zletsgo View Post
                            Trust Alex to know the engine code
                            A walking book of knowledge

Comment

I think the engine code for the Insignia SIDI 2.0T is A20NHT, the LNF is the Pontiac Solstice GXP variant.
                              Will bring Vauxhall back on par with VAG technology now
                              Last edited by Insignia VXR; 14 December 2008, 02:08 AM.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X