Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

i think someone wants to steal my car....

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i think someone wants to steal my car....

as some of you know im selling my standard vxr exhaust system on ebay.
    some guy offered me 90 quid for it and said he'd pick it up and pay cash in hand so i was like ok buy it now for 100 and just pay 90 when you pick it up, so its all legit. anyway hes like said NO, GIVE ME YOUR ADDRESS AND ILL PAY CASH, so i argued back and said lets do it legit so we both get feedback and all, but he really want my address thats all hes askin 4....
    im not goin 2 give it to him i dont care if i dont sell the zaust just think this guy is abit dodgy...
    any thoughts??
    sigpic

244.7 BHP 322.3 LB/FT
    Quarter Mile 13.9 Seconds @ 99mph
    0-60 in 6.23 secs at Trax '09 beating 2 brand new Focus RS's on the day

it does sound a bit dodgy.... either way its not worth risking getting ure car nicked for £90!

Comment

You could always meet at a friends house, or place of work

Comment

DO NOT GIVE IT!

Sounds dodgy. Just say unless he goes through proper chanels then he can get stuffed.

Oh, if he wins the bid, arrange shipping.

Comment

tell him to do one mate ... it just aint worth the grief tom unless justins got the team bus up and running yet (by the way i hope u get a result justin .. i didnt forget) .. then a few of us could meet him in a lay-by

Comment

TO be fair, your asking the guy to buy something on ebay for £100 and pay £90 if he does that then you could chase him for the £10 as he;s entered into an agreement to pay £100 for it.

Comment

lol im not that harsh ive agreed for him to pay 90 not bothered about the 10 but i just dnt understand why he wants my address 1st, he obv knows i have a corsa vxr as im selling the standard system but im not gna risk it got 8 watchers on anyway so bound to sell

his ebay username is menaj_2008

this is one of the emails i got from him...

IL GIVE U MONEY ON PICK UP HAND 2 HAND SEND ME THE ADRESS AND A CONTACT NUMBER!!
              sigpic

244.7 BHP 322.3 LB/FT

Comment

Originally posted by Stim1961 View Post
                tell him to do one mate ... it just aint worth the grief tom unless justins got the team bus up and running yet (by the way i hope u get a result justin .. i didnt forget) .. then a few of us could meet him in a lay-by
                Haha, yeah tom we will all wait out side your house in this

Comment

haha fair play

ill give him my address now then lol

but seriously guys, its not worth 90 squid is it? id rather not sell it than sell 2 him.
                  sigpic

244.7 BHP 322.3 LB/FT

Comment

Tom you are dead right to be suspicious...............treat everyone with suspicion then you wont get caught out...for the sake of 100 quid
                    Son of the Clyde a roaming went
                    Sinned aplenty, much to repent
                    loved and lost, gave and took
                    Way too lazy to write a book.sigpic

Comment

0 feedback and from west midlands
                      sigpic

244.7 BHP 322.3 LB/FT

Comment

tom i agree with what your saying, if you put option to collect on ebay then thats fine, but if not just explain you dont have time for people to collect, and will need sending out by courier

obvioulsy people ring me all the time wanting my address to view our cars, im always suspicious and i can usually tell if they are genuine or not by the way they ask

shame in life that you cant trust anyone

##WWW.REVITUPUK.COM, We buy cars for cash, finance packages available & accept all major debit & credit cards & OUR NEW SERVICE DETAILING PACKAGES##

Comment

Give him an address for a KFC car park or something like that (somewhere you can have mates with you just in case) and use a different sim card to let him contact you. If he has any problem meeting you there tell him to get stuffed

Comment

Always meet somewhere away from your home address and make sure someone is with you or your in a busy area incase things go pete tongue.

Comment

try and arrange to meet him at a petrol station away from home or something and say your house is out in the sticks and a sod to find, if he reacts odd then he wants your car or new zorst of it, if he says ok then meet him sell it but dont go straight home were he could follow you lol

Comment

Working...
                              X