This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is there a plumber on here

need some help i have 12 radiators in my house and one off them is being a pain i have bled it over and over again but it just goes stone cold and full of air within 24hrs any suggestions welcome not sure if it needs topping up if so i have no idea where the valve is to top it up
    FABIA vRS WITH PD160 INTAKE, PIPERCROSS FILTER, STRUT BRACE, EIBACH PRO SPRINGS, 312MM AUDI TT BRAKES,BOOST GAUGE,FMIC, WATER SPRAYER, RARB, WIDE MOUTH BUMPER, 17" OCTAVIA vRS SPIDERS PAINTED GTR GRAY WITH PRADA SPEC 2's AND CELTIC TUNNED
    182.1BHP-300FT-LB @ 26 psi 1/4 MILE 14.966 SEC
    "NO SMOKE NO POKE" R.I.P MIGHTY MERV

mate i had this my pipes were blocked had to re pipe check if theres hot water at one of the ends
    WARNING all replys are incorrect as usual

Comment

t200edd is a plumber!!

Comment

nath is aswell

Comment

yes there is at the very bottom left corner
          FABIA vRS WITH PD160 INTAKE, PIPERCROSS FILTER, STRUT BRACE, EIBACH PRO SPRINGS, 312MM AUDI TT BRAKES,BOOST GAUGE,FMIC, WATER SPRAYER, RARB, WIDE MOUTH BUMPER, 17" OCTAVIA vRS SPIDERS PAINTED GTR GRAY WITH PRADA SPEC 2's AND CELTIC TUNNED

Comment

ok the flow is blocked mate could be as simple as takin it off or go to b and q and get some flush...is it a combi boiler mate

Comment

no not a combi its a pre historic peace of **** not mine though its a rented house

Comment

take the rad off mate and flush it with the hose pipe other than taht maybe just needs anew rad if its old

Comment

Where's that Tjay when you want him !
                  sigpic

Comment

it is an old one by the look of it

Comment

undo the cold end see if clear water comes out or sludge

Comment

Originally posted by simon fletcher View Post
                        it is an old one by the look of it
                        Who - TJay or the Rad ?
                        sigpic

Comment

does it warm up at all?

so its a cylinder/water tank system?

where abouts is the rad in relation to the cylinder? far close?

Comment

its a cylinder/water tank system the rad is close only about 20 foot away its does get hot if i bled it but that takes a good 4 to 5 mins to do

Comment

like paul said it does sound like the rad is full of **** or the flow is blocked,unless someone has turned the valve down or off,if the rad is blocked theres a chance that the other 11 are the same if they were installed at the same time.

you can either get someone in who may well charge you £300 plus for 2 hours work or turn your water off,individually take off your rads or even just the faulty one,remove both valves and stick a hose pipe/pressure washer in one end and blow the **** out yourself,will be a boring job but will improve your system and save a few quid too

Comment

Working...
                              X