Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Im going to buy a Ford !!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Im going to buy a Ford !!!

    Ive decided im going to buy a classic and seeing as i grew up with Fords im going to go for either a MkII RS2000 or a Series 1 RS Turbo.

    Which would you all go for?? (if your old enough to remember them)

  • #2
    Close thing.

    RS turbo much faster,

    True classic car has to be the Rs2000. Had 2 of them one base and one custom in strwberry (sorry singla red), brown interior. Less chance of it overheating as well.

    True true classis drive.

    has to be the 2000.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Sparky
      Close thing.

      RS turbo much faster,

      True classic car has to be the Rs2000. Had 2 of them one base and one custom in strwberry (sorry singla red), brown interior. Less chance of it overheating as well.

      True true classis drive.

      has to be the 2000.
      Yeah i think so, i had a half restored one a few year ago with original paperwork and Burton engine, like a right ******* **** i sold it for £500.

      Ill never forgive myself

      Comment


      • #4
        Don't blame you. Some ford's are ultimate classics.

        At the moment I keep thinking about getting a mint Escort Cosworth (at least a stage 3, 330bhp 4WD ).

        But realistically I will keep my vxr for at least another year as I'm still enjoying it and it has warranty.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Turbo
          Don't blame you. Some ford's are ultimate classics.

          At the moment I keep thinking about getting a mint Escort Cosworth (at least a stage 3, 330bhp 4WD ).

          But realistically I will keep my VXR for at least another year as I'm still enjoying it and it has warranty.
          Absolutely, the Escort Cossie was every schoolboys dream when i was younger. Great as a classic but I wouldnt buy one as an everyday car.

          Comment


          • #6
            got to be the RS 2000 for me too.

            www.courtenaysport.co.uk/ For all your tuning needs

            Comment


            • #7
              Here you go fella's:



              Comment


              • #8
                Are they yours Moschops????? :P :P :P

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by m4rtc
                  Are they yours Moschops????? :P :P :P
                  They were, the RS2 was my first ever RS and the Escort Cossie at No 6 was the last too date...sold it 3 years ago to buy my R32 (Golf) it had 7k on the clock when I bought it and 11k when I sold it.

                  Here's a couple more...



                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Stunning car, bet you wish you still had it!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by m4rtc
                      Stunning car, bet you wish you still had it!
                      Erm yes and no, its now 11 years old so would need lots of TLC, but it would still fetch good money, I enjoyed my RS days, but things change and felt it was time to move on and try some thing different...but you never you know...one has turned up with 96 miles on the clock

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Useless fact. Did you know the RS2000 was the only pinto of its time that never really suffered with cam shaft failure!!!

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Sparky
                          Useless fact. Did you know the RS2000 was the only pinto of its time that never really suffered with cam shaft failure!!!
                          I do now Sparky
                          I do enjoy useless facts!

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Capri 2.8!!! Cheap, rear drive fun, and a future classic!!
                            Insignia VXR, quite nippy!

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by caspy
                              Capri 2.8!!! Cheap, rear drive fun, and a future classic!!
                              Complete with pepper pot wheels, just did'nt have the feel of the RS. Wish I had got a Lotus Sunbeam myself.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X