This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gutted!

Went for another test drive in an Astra VXR today at a Vauxhall dealer and fell in love with the car.
    I decided that i wanted the car but was going to go away for a few hours to do some Christmas shopping and sort some money out to put down a deposit.

On the way to do my christmas shopping I came up to some traffic lights where the road has two lanes that bend round to the right, I was in the right hand lane.
    As I went round the bed a van driver decied to pull out from behind me into the left lane and overtake me, as he did this he decided he wanted to also overtake the car that was in the left lane so he pulled back out into the right lane hitting the front of my car in the process and pulling my bumper away from the passenger side wing and creasing the wing above the wheel arch.

So this now means the will be no VXR in the next few days and im absolutely gutted!!

Dont suppose anyway knows if Vauxhall with take a Part ex on a car thats damaged do they?

Originally posted by Daz85UK View Post
    Went for another test drive in an Astra VXR today at a Vauxhall dealer and fell in love with the car.
    I decided that i wanted the car but was going to go away for a few hours to do some Christmas shopping and sort some money out to put down a deposit.

On the way to do my christmas shopping I came up to some traffic lights where the road has two lanes that bend round to the right, I was in the right hand lane.
    As I went round the bed a van driver decied to pull out from behind me into the left lane and overtake me, as he did this he decided he wanted to also overtake the car that was in the left lane so he pulled back out into the right lane hitting the front of my car in the process and pulling my bumper away from the passenger side wing and creasing the wing above the wheel arch.

So this now means the will be no VXR in the next few days and im absolutely gutted!!

Dont suppose anyway knows if Vauxhall with take a Part ex on a car thats damaged do they?

mate if you'd seen the state of my pug when i part x'd it they'll take anything... the wing mirror was screwed on ffs!!! lol... and it had loads scraped off the rear bumper where i used to reverse into things all the time... oh yeah and the o.s door window frame was ****** where it got broken in to... just depends what price they will give u lol

Comment

If you explain to them what happened they may take the car and repair the damage through the van's insurance... that's what Peugeot did when I had an accident before picking up my new car with them... although that was a few years ago!

The damage should be fixable, if not, you can still go and get your VXR with the cash they give you... if it's meant to be your car, it will still be there waiting for you when all this is sorted. Don't forget to tell the van's insurance company that you have now lost out on a car as you were about to part exchange... don't know if they will compensate you for it or not?

Comment

well my old corsac had serious damage some t*at keyed it every pannal 2500 pounds worth of damage and they still took it

Comment

they will still take the car, probably readjust how much they are going to offer you for it.

I've taken some right nails in my time, i've offered someone £20 for their car on countless occasions so you can guess how nice those cars were!

Comment

They will take your car as part exchange even with the damage but if they for example offered you 5k for your car and the damage would cost 1k to repair then they would offer you 4k. Depends whether you want to go through insurance or not, whiplash and lower back pains may set in the next few days

Comment

Thanks alot, I'll take the car in an ask how much they will Part Exchange it for with the damage.

Comment

i'm sure they'll come good for u mate ... they need to sell cars

Comment

Working...
                X