This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Credit Crunch help

We decided to see if we could save some cash by contacting some of the companies we pay monthly for thier services.

ISP cost us £25 now costs us £13 for twice the speed a new router and fee calls to 01 and 02 numbers on the phone.
    Vodafone was £35 for 600mins and 200 texts now £25 for 600 mins unlimited texts and free internet acess
    Home insurance was £60 now £40 for the same policy.
    Pet insurance wouldn't budge went to direct line got the same cover for half the cost!
    Phone SKY got reduced from £36 to £8.50 for the next two months after which they told us the will do a deal.Kept the same package

Monthly saving £110 for a few phone calls
    Good job and worth the effort.
    sigpic
    More than 34,900 viewings and counting
    Click Here to.................
    See My Wheels
    See My Wife's EX Wheels now Sold

sky costs me a mint every month, think its about 65 quid
    VXR gone Audi A6 Avant - Le Mans in
    http://www.forgemotorsport.co.uk/ PROUD TO BE A RUDE YORKSHIRE IDIOT SINCE 1981!

Comment

Originally posted by RobToogood View Post
      Mines £67 for full sky package HD ready and multi room no internet with them I will be calling them 1st.

Comment

Call them on a Wednesday or Thursday and tell them you are thinking of going tio Virgin and you will get a deal.
        It is on here somewhere http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/shopping/
        sigpic
        See My Wheels

Comment

Originally posted by ray vxr View Post
          Mines £67 for full sky package HD ready and multi room no internet with them I will be calling them 1st.
          My in laws have internet with Sky and are really happy with the service,it is free too LOL
          sigpic
          See My Wheels

Comment

Cheers for the info will keep you posted.

Comment

Originally posted by ray vxr View Post
              yeah i have the full package with hd and multi room, dont really watch the hd that much lol good for footy mind
              VXR gone Audi A6 Avant - Le Mans in
              http://www.forgemotorsport.co.uk/ PROUD TO BE A RUDE YORKSHIRE IDIOT SINCE 1981!

Comment

yeah i have the full package with hd and multi room, dont really watch the hd that much lol good for footy mind

Buy this and cancel multi room...........run the cable from the back of the box up to the tv in the bedroom and bob is your uncle

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Sky+-Link-Magi...02193003r10036
                sigpic
                See My Wheels

Comment

Originally posted by vxrdilly View Post
                  We decided to see if we could save some cash by contacting some of the companies we pay monthly for thier services.............
                  Good on yer ........ but it shouldnt have taken the `Credit Crunch` to have got you to do this. 99% of companies will give you a better deal if you have the balls to ask, the only ones I have failed on is food shopping. Do your research on the item beforehand, and play one company against the other.

Comment

Originally posted by Scooter View Post
                    Good on yer ........ but it shouldnt have taken the `Credit Crunch` to have got you to do this. 99% of companies will give you a better deal if you have the balls to ask, the only ones I have failed on is food shopping. Do your research on the item beforehand, and play one company against the other.
                    Correct but I think companies are now more geared to deal positively with these enquiries.
                    Food shopping not a chance the margins in food are really small.
                    sigpic
                    See My Wheels

Comment

Buy this and cancel multi room...........run the cable from the back of the box up to the tv in the bedroom and bob is your uncle

Ive ran a cable to our bedroom from the hd box and also ran a cable from the multi room box to the other bedroom so got 3 by 32in in bedrooms and the pioneer 43 in in living room.I had to have the multi room because the mrs dont do footy just soaps!!!

Comment

good savings, i alwas review my things twice a year and always manage to save a bit

Rabbid Tuned - WG Motorworks
                        www.wgmotorworks.co.uk

Comment

no good if you got kids upstairs wanting to watch tv on another channel though i pay on average £170 a month for my gas, electric , telephone with all calls , broadband, and a laptop with life insurance chucked in to and our heating never goes off at all 3 bed house i'm well happy we was paying almost that just for gas and leccy before we changed
                          sigpic
                          stealth no more but beware of the silver lightning GSI with vxr power
                          M.U.F.C.
                          http://www.courtenaysport.co.uk/

Comment

change is good and quidco etc(theres a few cashback sites that do even better too) .. make it gooder..er...er

Comment

Working...
                            X