This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Floods

OK, here's a question.... Yesterday I was out and about doing some shopping and there were some very big puddles (half-way across road).

Some people were waiting for opposing traffic to clear before going round them, others just steamed on in creating a spalsh wave about 15 foot tall.

So, when there is a flood on the roads, are you one that goes steaming in the make as big a splash as possible, or do you look for the most shallowest of lines and drive through like Miss Daisy.

I drive through it slowly, as long as ithe water is not as high as the air intake on the engine you will be fine!

Comment

When I'm in the beater, I'm like a little kid and go balls out (after I make sure someone else isn't going to crash because of this), looking for that 'parting of the Red Sea' effect. The corvette doesn't ever see rain.

Comment

Originally posted by BO55 VXR View Post
        So, when there is a flood on the roads, are you one that goes steaming in the make as big a splash as possible,
        Quick way to loose your splitter plus you never know what is lurking in the depths

Driving around the Lakes yesterday, plenty of flooding but drove around all I could, had to do a 'Miss Daisy' through a couple of stretches though.

my VXR history: Arden Corsa, Astra Nurburgring, Corsa Arctic, Evoke VXR8, Black Corsa, Silver Vectra, a long weekend with an Insignia, a chilli burger and now a siggy tourer!

Comment

Well i went hacking through one 2 weeks ago and then spent 6 hours re cleaning my engine bay so next time a trickle around is in order
          HeavenlyDetail
          Youtube Channel - HeavenlyDetail

Comment

Not too fast not too slow....create a constant bow wave.......much more impressive to look at than a quick splurge through
            Son of the Clyde a roaming went
            Sinned aplenty, much to repent
            loved and lost, gave and took
            Way too lazy to write a book.sigpic

Comment

Had experience of this on Friday night. Had to drive through 2 floods, they where up to numberplate, just first gear keep the revs up no problem, saw may people on the side of the road with theier bonnet up. God old VXR, no problems.

VXR looked well cool when parking up in work on Sat morning, all the water that had gone in the front was evaporating and steaming after I gave it a good old thrashing. There was tonnes of white smoke coming out the front grill next the the VX badge, looked well hardcore Was worried at the start until I realized why it was happening!
              sigpic
              Focus ST3 in Orange 06' - Dreamscience Race Re-Map - DMB Orange Ford Overlays - Carbon Wrap Key - ST Orange Trim Mats - Facelift Duffuser - Facelift LED Rear Lights - Vredestein Ultrac Sessanta - LED Interior Lights - Silver Side Stripes - ST & DS Badges - Tinted Rear Windows - Vinyl Front Grill Lip - Rattle Free

Comment

i avoid puddles now after driving through one only to find a six inch deep, three foot wide pothole hiding in it, that smashed both rims down one side and injured my back badly, nice little claim on the council

Comment

If there is no-one around and its not that deep I'll drive through it, otherwise I will go around it.

Did a while back have an old boy shake his fist at me and shouting as I went through a tiny puddle and slighty got him, wasn't my fault as there wasn't anyway I could have avoided it and he shouldn't have been standing too close to the road pmsl

Comment

own car .. avoid them

work van .. drive as fast and as far in as possible !! .. love it !!
                    sigpic
                    www.thevenuelondon.com / www.myspace.com/fatboyateallthepies
                    the owner of the first zaffy detailed by vxrmarc and also the owner of the first bus sm'd by vxrcourt3

Comment

Originally posted by ZaffyBabe View Post
                      If there is no-one around and its not that deep I'll drive through it, otherwise I will go around it.

Did a while back have an old boy shake his fist at me and shouting as I went through a tiny puddle and slighty got him, wasn't my fault as there wasn't anyway I could have avoided it and he shouldn't have been standing too close to the road pmsl
                      I believe in exceptional circumstances, if you do splash someone, you can be arrested and charged with assault

Comment

I believe in exceptional circumstances, if you do splash someone, you can be arrested and charged with assault
                        Nothing I could have done as he at the time was inflating his tyres at the garage and the puddle was right beside where he was.

Comment

when i'm in my van every puddle needs to be sought out and hopefully as someone is walking by pmsl i know immature and irresponsible but a good laugh all the same , i dont do it in the car though its that low i would probably drown
                          sigpic
                          stealth no more but beware of the silver lightning GSI with vxr power
                          M.U.F.C.
                          http://www.courtenaysport.co.uk/

Comment

Thats Lancashire neighbourhood policing at it's finest

my VXR history: Arden Corsa, Astra Nurburgring, Corsa Arctic, Evoke VXR8, Black Corsa, Silver Vectra, a long weekend with an Insignia, a chilli burger and now a siggy tourer!

Comment

Originally posted by moeman View Post
                              Thats Lancashire neighbourhood policing at it's finest
                              not much crime to look out for then
                              sigpic
                              GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN!

Comment

Working...
                              X