X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• laser eye correction

anyone had it?

im looking to get it done when im 21 as my eyesight is so bad even at 20, but so scared if it makes me go blind...

just wondering what its all like and if u recommend it.
    sigpic

244.7 BHP 322.3 LB/FT
    Quarter Mile 13.9 Seconds @ 99mph
    0-60 in 6.23 secs at Trax '09 beating 2 brand new Focus RS's on the day

can not happend, when you dont do this, you will be in few years for 100% blind ?? (sorry if that sounds bad to you)
    MB E63s AMG
    MB C63 AMG & Performance Package
    Megane R.S. 250 CUP - Gone, But Not Forgotten
    Opel Corsa OPC / VXR - Gone, But Not Forgotten

Comment

My Mum is an Optician. I am 25 and short sighted, its something I have wanted to get done for quite a while.

At 21, your probably a bit young, they need a stable record of perscriptions for you, because your eyes might still be changing, they may not be able to do it, or the best possible job.

Another note that my Mum said to me, which gave me a moment of pause, there has been no long term research into the procedure. No-one knows what will happen 30, 40, 50 etc years after the operation.

but on a good note, they rarely screw it up

Comment

ye ive been told that my eyes may still be developing. but then if i do have it done maybe a couple of years from now, i could be blind 4 life... and that is defo what i dnt wnt 2 happen.
        sigpic

244.7 BHP 322.3 LB/FT
        Quarter Mile 13.9 Seconds @ 99mph
        0-60 in 6.23 secs at Trax '09 beating 2 brand new Focus RS's on the day

Comment

Originally posted by Jonathan View Post
          My Mum is an Optician. I am 25 and short sighted, its something I have wanted to get done for quite a while.

At 21, your probably a bit young, they need a stable record of perscriptions for you, because your eyes might still be changing, they may not be able to do it, or the best possible job.

Another note that my Mum said to me, which gave me a moment of pause, there has been no long term research into the procedure. No-one knows what will happen 30, 40, 50 etc years after the operation.

Same here - wear contacts, and for the same reasons as your mum has mentioned (The people who have had laser done have not got to the age when they have cataracts etc yet so we don't know what the end result will be)

Oh and I know a guy who had laser surgery 10yrs ago who needs it again now....

Astra

Comment

Originally posted by Jonathan View Post

that mean mate (hope that no) that maybe after 25 after operation you can be blind from day to day ???
            MB E63s AMG

Comment

Mate my brother and sister have had it done. And are both happy with it. So much so my brother was in the t.v advert after havein it done.lol
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by kingie vxr View Post
                Mate my brother and sister have had it done. And are both happy with it. So much so my brother was in the t.v advert after havein it done.lol
                how long time they are after the surgery now ???
                MB E63s AMG

Comment

Originally posted by brano_co View Post
                  that mean mate (hope that no) that maybe after 25 after operation you can be blind from day to day ???
                  I hope it doesn't mean that.

It just means that no-one knows what long term effects on the eye are. The procedure has been around 15ish years, but thats hardly a lifetime.

Comment

My brother had it about 6years ago and my sister 5years
                    sigpic

Comment

if your eyes are bad it dont correct them fully ?? Gfs eyes are quite bad and she wanted it done the optition said she wud still need glasses. obviously wouldnt be as bad as they are now but Shes happy with contacts at the moment. Shes nearly 22 now so i think she may consider it in a few yeears.

Comment

my eyes are pretty bad too but I was given the choice by my optician and I weighed up the pros cons and I said i can live with it as it is... I wear contact lenses and will do for as long as i can manage to put them in and take em out.

Your too young atm... wait a while... it might not bother u so much as u get on with life.

Comment

I wear monthly contact lenses... they have tiny holes in... enables them to be worn solid for a month. Sleep in them, shower etc, honestly, you don't know you are wearing them.

Then at the end of the month, take them out and pop some new ones in.

Comment

I had one eye done 9 years ago, when the treatment was still quite new. I needed glasses, but whichever frames I tried on none seemed to suit me, so I took the plunge.

The procedure only lasted about 20 seconds, and then for day its quite sore. But straight away you can see the improvements. Incredible. Even now it still amazes me, especially if I'm up hiking in the mountains.

Not sure about long term, but certainly so far the only slight side effects I get, is the eye is sore first thing I'm really knackered/hungover first thing....

Comment

Everyone I've ever known had it done, absolutely swears by it. I think you have to have it done every few years though. Think about that, youngster!

Comment

Working...
                              X