This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Renewed my car insurance

Did loads of phoning round and internet checking this year and finally stayed with my old insurer Directline. Their prices were:-

£430 for a standard car and the mileage I travel, location, type of parking etc

£530 when the bolt on mods without a remap were added as we agreed that exhaust etc would give up to a 10% power increase

£585 when we added on a remap to stage 2 with an agreement that the power would not exceed 288bhp or a 11% - 20% power increase.

As the car was RR a little while back and made 280 on petrol and 291 on gas this will do for me. I will get the actuator slightly tweaked and have the power at 288, send a print out of it to the insurance and job done. Pity to not increase the power anymore but just cant justify the expence at the moment. Now hope that the rest of you are informing your insurance companies of everything you have changed on your cars, oh and they said all the mods would be covered like for like in the event of a claim
    sigpicAstra VXR Stage 2, 279.7bhp Petrol, 292.0 bhp LPG
    Zafira 222 BHP LPG (stage 1), 295 Petrol (stage 3)

Need any stainless bolts for your rocker cover or anywhere else on your motor? PM for a good price

288bhp sounds fine to me
    sigpic
    More than 34,900 viewings and counting
    Click Here to.................
    See My Wheels
    See My Wife's EX Wheels now Sold

Comment

Working...
    X