This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speed Camera Detector

As all you VXR owners know, you pull away and before you can say VXR, you're already up to, if not over the speed limit.

Well for those that are interested, i've found a GPS Speed Camera Detector that doesn't reqire a yearly subscription like the current ones. Just one payment and then free updates for life.

For those who are wondering, yes, these are legal.

Detector costs £99.00 and £4.99 for delivery.

Check out the site if interested, to make sure you don't get points on your licence.

http://www.microfuzion.co.uk/

This will only tell you of speed cameras and speed zone hot spots eg. school zone.

An add on is available for police radar detectors which are also legal, costing from £44.99

thanks corsa...

glad you stayed with us.

Comment

Re: Speed Camera Detector

Originally posted by OLD_CORSA
      An add on is available for police radar detectors which are also legal, costing from £44.99
      But they dont use Radar much anymore, they use Laser....and Laser detectors ARE illegal

Comment

But they dont use Radar much anymore
        Didn't know that. Well all i can suggest is that one would only get the speed camera detector. It is a good tool to have. Tells you when your approuching the following:
        Gatso
        Truvelo
        SPECS
        Peek
        Speedcurb
        Watchman
        Traffic Light cameras
        and The DS2 trap

Comment

I already got a Road Angel

Comment

I already got a Road Angel
            Thats good. How much did it cost, do you have to have an annual subscription with that? If so, How much?

Comment

They also pick up electric doors, garage doors, pacemakers, phone-lines, you name it - I had one once, BEEP BEEP BEEEEEEP BEEEP BEEP everywhere I went.

Comment

BEEEEEEP BEEEP BEEP everywhere I went.
                These run on the idea of GPS, unlike some which detect the camera, this knows where it is, where you are and warns you when you approuch it.

It similar to a sat nav system telling you when you approuch a junction.

Comment

Road Angel 2 doesnt pick up doors or anything like that! But if you have a heat reflective windscreen you need to get the external laser sensor for the front of your car.

Took a 500 mile trip from Glenrothes, 20 mins from Edinburgh, to Chippenham, Wiltshire at the end of January and it picked up every type of speed camera on the way, and even got the unmarked cars when they were tailing me with the rear laser sensor.

Thing in this months Top Gear mag tho saying that they are all illegal now, but dont know if Road Angel gets away with it cos it calls itself a Blackspot warning!

Comment

Originally posted by Lambo
                    Top Gear mag tho saying that they are all illegal now, but dont know if Road Angel gets away with it cos it calls itself a Blackspot warning!
                    Don't know if that is leagal or not. :?
                    The one I mentioned previously is called a Radar / Laser Detection system on the website, so the radar part of it may be legal but the laser part illegal.
                    This system also tells you if the police vehicle is sending out a signal to see if one is using a laser tracker, which if the police are, you can swich it off so they don't catch you. Obviousley this is breaking the law which I do not suggest people do, in fact i strongley recomend that one doesn't. But I cannot physicly stop anyone from using this system.
                    I will have to look into it and if I do find the correct answer out weather legal or not, i'll update the thread.

And also previously mentioned, all you realy need is the speed camera detector which doesn't use Radar / Laser Detection any way and is 100% legal.

Comment

I have a Snooper GPS that has saved me a few points (bought it after I got banned).

Picks up all the cameras that they have at the moment, if'it's illegal then erm......... :P

Comment

Halfords sell and fit these laser/radar detectors.... and you can now get them incorporated into sat nav systems... how can they be illegal?

I used to have a radar jammer thing fitted to my Mondeo ST200.. now that, i learnt WAS illegal...

Comment

Working...
                        X