This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vauxhall Test Drives

Does anyone know if Vauxhall dealers allow you to test drive cars for a few hours on your own?

As the reason im selling my 350z is I want back seats but a car that also does slightly better mpg and I cant really test this in a short test drive with the sales person with me.

I want to be able to take the car away for a few hours and drive it as i normally would to see what sort of mpg id get.

In my 350z I do a short 3 mile journey to work (town driving) and every 6 days i do a 72 mile trip from Southampton to London and back a few days later.

Around town in portsmouth I get 22 mpg and 29 at a push on the motorway back to london and around town in london I average 17.5 - 18mpg.

It costs roughly £60 - £65 to fill up with the trip computer still saying 45 ish miles to a tank and I get about 280 - 300 miles from a tank.

I dont drive hard all the time but I have my moments.

Is an Astra VXR going to be much better?

me dealer dont have problem to give me keys from "demo" car for few hours
    MB E63s AMG
    MB C63 AMG & Performance Package
    Megane R.S. 250 CUP - Gone, But Not Forgotten
    Opel Corsa OPC / VXR - Gone, But Not Forgotten

Comment

some might most wont (vaux dealers as a rule are shitttt) astons may, or maybe speak with thorney centres??

Comment

Times are hard - people are being offered test drives for a few days now apparently so it's definitely possible - especially if you convince them your serious

Astra

Comment

I would think if you turn up in a nice car and wearing nice clothes it would go a long way to persuading the dealer, but dont be surprised if he wants to take your car for a test drive.

What im saying is dont turn up like a scruff who hasnt got two pennies to rub together.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by miniman View Post
            I would think if you turn up in a nice car and wearing nice clothes it would go a long way to persuading the dealer, but dont be surprised if he wants to take your car for a test drive.

What im saying is dont turn up like a scruff who hasnt got two pennies to rub together.
            did this in germany with my pal he took his Z4 we went to the porche dealer and managed to get him to let us have boxter s for the morning but we had to leave the Z4

Comment

Yea I have no problems in them keeping my car there with them while I take their car. I'll pop back in there and explain about the fuel and ask them if I can take it for a few hours.

Comment

I was given an Evo for an afternoon and they fuelled it too ! I was surprised because I expected them to come with me . When I queeried this and said "but I could steal this" they laughed and said , "madam , it has the best tracker fitted , you'll not get far'' . I mean really "madam" !
                CORSA VXR , ARDEN BLUE , S+L , AFL , 18'S .
                sigpic

Gone but not forgotten .
                MPS takes the edge off though !

Comment

We took a car for a few hours, left our car with them but we didnt give them the key so they couldnt move/drive/poke about ect ect.
                  If they want to sell a car which i am sure they do they will let you out for an hour.

I am saying this quietly so no-one else can hear me......
                  How much are you asking for the Nissan? Im hoping to get one when the money is right!

Comment

Originally posted by sally.m View Post
                    We took a car for a few hours, left our car with them but we didnt give them the key so they couldnt move/drive/poke about ect ect.
                    If they want to sell a car which i am sure they do they will let you out for an hour.

I am saying this quietly so no-one else can hear me......
                    How much are you asking for the Nissan? Im hoping to get one when the money is right!

Well we all heard you....
                    sigpicUse to have Astra VXR ST2(courtenay Sport ) 281bhp & 323lb/ft
                    Gotta L200 4x4 now....Mental
                    Who is up for a spot of Offroading

Comment

ok ok, long as my husband doesnt find out!

Comment

LOL, I have it advertised for 11k at the moment but had a little scrape a few days ago and the bumper will need a slight repair job so if I sold it with the damage i'd probably ask for about 10k.

Comment

Year, colour and mileage? UK or Import?

Comment

Originally posted by soosie View Post
                            I mean really "madam" !
                            Clearly they didn't know you

Runs for cover

Comment

Its not a matter of the dealer been arsey it will probably have something to do with there type of insurance cover, i know my place wont allow anyone on a testdrive without a salesman because our insurance wont cover it otherwise.

Comment

Working...
                              X