X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Service Intervals for Astra VXR

I believe its 12 months/12k miles?

Was thinking about giving mine a little spruce up as want to look after the car and its engine, anyone think its worth bothering with as only had it 6 months and was serviced before I got it?

Any recommendations as to who does a decent service? I was thinking Vxl but their service department aint great, do Thorney do a service as they aint far from me.......prices?

Any info would be a great help

i would think thorney would do a superd job as their rep is a1, mpg garage near me does servic for £95 inc genuine gm parts so cant be much more than that.

Comment

12 months/20K on Astra is the recommended service intervals to maintain warranty.

If you want tip top condition then I'd look at oil change every 5-6K or 6 months, whichever is sooner.

If your running a foam panel filter, then cleaning and re-oiling should be done every 10K or 6 months, standard panel filter should do 20K but no harm in changing in the interim.

Comment

We do a fixed price £149 and an enhanced for £180. Enhanced includes more stuff like suspension bushes deeper inspection and a range of other stuff thats over an above what Vauxhall require. Mobil 1 oil etc etc. As Alex says (see, we do agree on some things ) keep to the schedule and perhaps an interim oil change if you drive it hard but other than that nothing more is really needed.

Comment

Mr Thorney I dont suppose you have a leaflet or similar material you can send me via email about your servicing?

Comment

Originally posted by AlexFi View Post
            12 months/20K on Astra is the recommended service intervals to maintain warranty.

If you want tip top condition then I'd look at oil change every 5-6K or 6 months, whichever is sooner.

If your running a foam panel filter, then cleaning and re-oiling should be done every 10K or 6 months, standard panel filter should do 20K but no harm in changing in the interim.
            Cheers for that mate, deffo go for the oil change as ive racked up the miles since I got it going for pointless drives!!

Comment

Working...
            X