This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is worrying

Just found out that Vauxhall have announced intentions to close thier plant at Luton. One of thier biggest (apparently).
    Obviously all car companies are struggling, but I didnt expect VX to be one of the first to show signs of finantial trouble.

nooooooo!!!!!

they cant
    The Derv-ert
    "Goes quicker than a smackheads giro"

Comment

Hmm thought it was up to 9 months off on 30% pay???

Or you heard it is closing al together??
      sigpic
      Astra VXR,Focus ST,Astra VXR Burg 326,Focus RS,Bmw 3 Series Convertible
      And now have an
      Astra GTC VXR in Arden Blue
      Aero kit, AFL premium forward lighting, Sat nav, Dark rear tinted windows, Electric folding mirrors and Rear parking sensors

Comment

Originally posted by ArdenBlueBrian View Post
        Hmm thought it was up to 9 months off on 30% pay???

Or you heard it is closing al together??
        Was that not ellsmere port in merseyside?
        Arden Blue Stage 2 Astra VXR on 19's. Remus, Bluefin, Cruise Control, Tints, Whiteline RARB, Eibach Sportlines.

Comment

Originally posted by steve271 View Post
          Oh i silly me vx aint looking to good the now like lots of car makers,
          sigpic
          Astra VXR,Focus ST,Astra VXR Burg 326,Focus RS,Bmw 3 Series Convertible
          And now have an
          Astra GTC VXR in Arden Blue
          Aero kit, AFL premium forward lighting, Sat nav, Dark rear tinted windows, Electric folding mirrors and Rear parking sensors

Comment

Originally posted by steve271 View Post

It was an offer made to European plants afaik

Astra

Comment

vauxhall aren't the first to be showing the signs of the credit crunch. ford have been struggling for years. honda is closing down for 2 months as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Netstar View Post
                Just found out that Vauxhall have announced intentions to close thier plant at Luton. One of thier biggest (apparently).
                Obviously all car companies are struggling, but I didnt expect VX to be one of the first to show signs of finantial trouble.
                Have you a link to this? Im very surprised..
                HeavenlyDetail
                Youtube Channel - HeavenlyDetail

Comment

just no money about atm and too many backlog of cars, the industry must be in free fall

Rabbid Tuned - WG Motorworks
                  www.wgmotorworks.co.uk

Comment

Yeah it was a great Idea for Ford to release a new Fiesta that Fiesta owners can't afford.

Comment

The workers in Luton are on thier xmas holidays at the moment (my dad is one of them). I dont think even GM are that harsh to announce something like this while they aint even there!

Comment

Originally posted by BainzyVXR View Post
                        The workers in Luton are on thier xmas holidays at the moment (my dad is one of them). I dont think even GM are that harsh to announce something like this while they aint even there!
                        There's nothing on the BBC or GM Europe News so am assuming it is just rumour unless someone has a link to a valid source?

Astra

Comment

Talking of the new fiesta. I was talking to someone on Sunday that has just got the 1.4 new style fiesta. He is only getting 20mpg out of it. Fords have told him that it will get better as it "runs in".
                          sigpic

Arden Blue Corsa VXR , 18" anthracites, Quaife LSD, AP VXRacing 4pot brakes, KW Variant3 (40mm drop) & Uprated Fast Road Geometry Setup, larger intercooler, 3" Nurburgring exhaust conversion, ITG panel filter, Nurburgring front & back splitters, colour coded roof rails

Comment

Tis getting bad, but the world can't live on credit forever, think of your parents or grandparents in the great depression, they had nothing compared what your average jo has these days, does kinda make you think. Its seeing Woolies closing down that makes me sad, always remember Christmas at Woolies in the early 70's, Hornby Train sets and Action Man and my heart set on a Raleigh chopper in the window

Comment

yeah said on radio one today, luton on month off closure for xmas, and said bout ellesemere port 9 month closure maybe happening if they dont agree with it, redundancies will be made

##WWW.REVITUPUK.COM, We buy cars for cash, finance packages available & accept all major debit & credit cards & OUR NEW SERVICE DETAILING PACKAGES##

Comment

Working...
                              X