This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• just a word of warning...

mainly to those in the berkshire area, but goes for everyone on here really...

i was pulled over tonight by an unmarked police car in the centre of reading....

after the officer asked for my name and where the car was registered to (and asked if my car was a nurburgring!!! to which i corrected him that it was a corsa arctic edition and not an astra ) he told me that a lot of vxr's are being stolen at the moment.

apparently corsa and astra vxr's are being targeted at the moment because they are flash and also "good getaway cars"

so dont take any risks...i have everyones best interests at heart
    Astra Edition #105
    Courtenay Sport Stage 3|K04 Hybrid Turbo|Forge Intercooler|Collins Dump Valve|Courtenay Actuator and Top Hat|Crossover Delete with Panel Filter|Oil Restrictor Bolt|Cool Running Thermostat|DAP R's|KSport 8 pot Brakes|Remus|Quaife LSD|Mtech Short Shifter|RARB|Retrofit AFL's and Cruise Control|3 Gauge Conversion|Red and Blue SMD|Heko deflectors|Eonon Double Din

Ive been out of the loop for a while at work so cant really comment. I know they were flavour of the month a while ago for the crim's, looks like there back onto them again then.

Comment

My cousin got pulled over in letchworth (herts) with the a similar warning about astra's being stolen in the area (he was in a sri xp though). as they were talking the copper had apparently drove past my house a few days before and spotted the burg, good to know they get about serve and protect and all that (our street is access only)

Comment

Originally posted by L3E_A_X View Post

i was pulled over tonight by an unmarked police car in the centre of reading....

after the officer asked for my name and where the car was registered to (and asked if my car was a nurburgring!!! to which i corrected him that it was a corsa arctic edition and not an astra ) he told me that a lot of vxr's are being stolen at the moment.

apparently corsa and astra vxr's are being targeted at the moment because they are flash and also "good getaway cars"

The amount of times I have heard this:

"What do you think to the corsa nurburgrings"

LMAO!
        sigpic

Comment

Ahem... the Vectra VXR makes a better gettaway car... get more in it

However, Jeremy Clarkson doesnt recommend the Vectra VXR to car thieves cos they understeer so badly.... apparently

Good for you Jeremy, you've done me a favour for once

Comment

Originally posted by S666MAH View Post
            The amount of times I have heard this:

"What do you think to the corsa nurburgrings"

LMAO!
            Why shouldnt there be a Corsa nurburgring ? Why just the Astra ?

Only one way to answer this ''FIGHT'' (tv burp)
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by L3E_A_X View Post

I'm well aware of the ones that have been stolen already, it's getting on my f-ing **** as well.
              I have a difference of opinion to you.

Comment

Folks, to keep it in some perspective you should be more afraid if you own an Audi, Honda, or VW. Any performance car is vulnerable from a twoccer point of view but if the car is taken for a 'getaway' car then the scr**tes do tend to go for practicality, big engine, big boot/estate, and more and more 4WD...........oh bugger just realised I've decribed the Insignia I am planning to get!

my VXR history: Arden Corsa, Astra Nurburgring, Corsa Arctic, Evoke VXR8, Black Corsa, Silver Vectra, a long weekend with an Insignia, a chilli burger and now a siggy tourer!

Comment

Originally posted by moeman View Post
                  Folks, to keep it in some perspective you should be more afraid if you own an Audi, Honda, or VW. Any performance car is vulnerable from a twoccer point of view but if the car is taken for a 'getaway' car then the scr**tes do tend to go for practicality, big engine, big boot/estate, and more and more 4WD...........oh bugger just realised I've decribed the Insignia I am planning to get!
                  Dave you not ready to change the Corsa already are you ?

Comment

Got to keep the cuz's unit bonus up, tbh wife has a Agila and we are thinking of going to one car as I retire in 2010 so it is a option (unless something else tempts me in the mean time)

my VXR history: Arden Corsa, Astra Nurburgring, Corsa Arctic, Evoke VXR8, Black Corsa, Silver Vectra, a long weekend with an Insignia, a chilli burger and now a siggy tourer!

Comment

Speaking of Corsa Nurburgrings.. on Bonnetbook there is a guy with a corsa Sxi and Burg stripes... I'm all for VXRs having stripes... but to be honest it makes the real burgs look a little ****** if all of a sudden people have burg checks over their cars!!

I am aware im probably ******** on alot of people here but hey, i apologise in advance, just my opinion

#ImKindOfABigThingAroundHere
                      #IHaveManyLeatherBoundBooks

Comment

Originally posted by moeman View Post

$hit! the zaffys a gonner!
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by spoons View Post
                          Ahem... the Vectra VXR makes a better gettaway car... get more in it

However, Jeremy Clarkson doesnt recommend the Vectra VXR to car thieves cos they understeer so badly.... apparently

Good for you Jeremy, you've done me a favour for once
                          It was left to him then no Vauxhall is any good. Why don't they go foir Fords as they seem to be the flavour of any month with him
                          sigpic

Arden Blue Corsa VXR , 18" anthracites, Quaife LSD, AP VXRacing 4pot brakes, KW Variant3 (40mm drop) & Uprated Fast Road Geometry Setup, larger intercooler, 3" Nurburgring exhaust conversion, ITG panel filter, Nurburgring front & back splitters, colour coded roof rails

Comment

Working...
                          X