This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• xmas offshore

just been confirmed today that i am due to spend xmas and new year in the good old north sea on the platform

anybody else in the same boat?

not me buddy, the only reason i escaped it tho was due to being off on paternity leave

but then again i'm also working my notice period as i change employers in january..

yipeee..

Comment

Callum,that sucks mate.Just think of the extra money though.

Comment

i wish trevor, no extra pennys for me as its luck of my rota that i ended up doing both new year and xmas

Comment

Sorry to hear you're gonna be offshore for Christmas Callum, ..wouldn't fancy that much myself. My house is directly under the flight path of the choppers heading out to the rigs, ..so I'll make sure to give you a wave as you fly overhead, Bud. I hope they give you a good Christmas dinner, ..I can imagine you'll be partaking of a sherry or two upon your return in the New Year . All the best!
          sigpic
          Was TV Mag Featured Astra VXR Nurburgring Edition 353, gone but not forgotten. Current car MY15 RR Evoque Dynamic SD4 Zanzibar Bronze with Black Pack, Magnetic Ride, 20" Forged OEM Stormer Alloys, Fully Loaded xx

Comment

crimbo and new year have ALWAYS been paid as extra money.I used to get double time,as well as extra day off for each day covered.change jobs matey.

Comment

I am offshore as well, back on the 30 Dec , all going well !! Defo suks Just found out we`ve been sold as well, merry f`ing xmas !!!

Where are you at Duff ??

Comment

not in the same boat but will be thinking of all my pals that are in the middle east over xmas have done it myself and it is very depressing

Comment

Unlucky Duff, I'm not in the same boat but my dad is off at Christmas and gets home on the 30th.

Does the rig make a big fuss about Christmas to make up for the fact you're offshore?
                  Last edited by Astro; 19 December 2008, 03:54 PM.

Comment

I see an Arden Astra at Bond when I come ashore, is that yours ?

Comment

Originally posted by Astro View Post
                      Unlucky Duff, I'm not in the same boat but my dad is off at Christmas and gets home on the 30th.

Does the rig make a big fuss about Christmas to make up for the fact you're offshore?

yeah they do, usually get a nice big spread with some non acholic beer & wine..

well my rig does anyways..

Comment

Originally posted by duffvxr View Post
                        just been confirmed today that i am due to spend xmas and new year in the good old north sea on the platform

anybody else in the same boat?

Comment

Originally posted by astragsi View Post
                          oh i wandered when you would add your input mr benzies! havent you got a car to detail or somethin

Comment

Originally posted by MagicDust View Post
                            yeah they do, usually get a nice big spread with some non acholic beer & wine..

well my rig does anyways..
                            yup we sure do, they go all out at xmas time, get a nice bottle of schloer to wash down my turkey lol

Comment

Originally posted by Bainie View Post
                              I am offshore as well, back on the 30 Dec , all going well !! Defo suks Just found out we`ve been sold as well, merry f`ing xmas !!!

Where are you at Duff ??
                              who do you work for mate?

im on the scott platform about 50 minutes away by chopper

Comment

Working...
                              X