This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Never Deal with MBNA!

I had a card with MBNA which the balanced was completely cleared 3 weeks ago. Today I find my bank empty because they've still taken my direct debit out for the required payment that was on the statement 3 weeks ago.. Apparently there system wont check if you've made a bank payment for like 2 grand during the month!!!

But best bit is I can't have it back until after christmas and the cards already been destoryed!

Independent bespoke mapping available see my Facebook or find me at WG Motorworks

Clique #14

ive had loads of problems with them cant wait to clear my balance then **** em bunch of vultures
    sigpic
    stealth no more but beware of the silver lightning GSI with vxr power
    M.U.F.C.
    http://www.courtenaysport.co.uk/

Comment

Yup, I've had the same with MBNA... I cleared the balance, they took the minimum payment (as they do each month on DD) and I ended up in credit with them.

They then told me that this 'positive balance' is NOT insured against fraud, so I should remove it as soon as possible.

Comment

Best of all got a letter from them last month saying your december interest rate will increase by 20% to like 32.5% APR.

Independent bespoke mapping available see my Facebook or find me at WG Motorworks

Clique #14

Comment

Originally posted by R i c h a r d View Post
          Best of all got a letter from them last month saying your december interest rate will increase by 20% to like 32.5% APR.
          But that's OK if you're in credit with them, isn't it?

Comment

No cause back then I had 2k outstanding

I did wonder if I was in credit did I get paid interest?

Clique #14

Comment

Holly ****! If I left that 55 quid on the card and (which they wouldn't) they left the interest as 32.5% and paid me the interest then after 50 years I'd have 2 million pounds!

Clique #14

Comment

Well, thanks for this thread.... I've just checked my account to make sure because I cleared it the other day (or thought I had) but it appears I did not fully do it.

So, all cleared and the DD cancelled (so they can't take any more!)

Comment

Originally posted by R i c h a r d View Post
                  32.5%???? dude get rid asap, they are taking the piss out of you with that
                  VXR gone Audi A6 Avant - Le Mans in
                  http://www.forgemotorsport.co.uk/ PROUD TO BE A RUDE YORKSHIRE IDIOT SINCE 1981!

Comment

I always leave a penny on some cards just to piss them off after I no longer need them, 36 pence every month to post a statement isn't alot to them but multiply that by a few 1000 and they feel it.

One thing even in this financial doom & gloom you never see any Card companies go under!!!
                    sigpic

Comment

I had the same with Mint lol I paid it off in full after my 0% period was up but they still kept taking the minimum period DD off me!!!! The card was already destroyed by then as I only applied for the 0% period and the card is in £30 credit now lol which I'm trying 2 get refunded

Comment

I just signed up with MBNA to get a virgin credit card for the 6 months 0% on purchases. Are you lot cancelling the DD as this seems very strange. With previous similar bills i just cancel the DD through my bank.

Comment

had so many problems with MBNA , i hate that bloody company

when i became ill with cancer and no longer able to afford the minimum payments i telephoned them and explained my situation to them and asked for help, i got none! they would not even suspend the interest on the minimum payment and demanded the full £145 a month (minimum payment) now Barclaycard and Morgan Stanley Witter were brilliant and not only stopped the interest but gave me a payment holiday for as long as i needed.
                          i got threatening letters from them, threatened with court action and my 'debt' passed to a debt collection agency,
                          my MacMillan nurse was horrified at some of the letters and took them from me and wrote to MBNA on my behalf, their response was that i had used the card and therefore had to pay the debt, ( i was only getting £84 a week Incapacity benefit and £70 Dissability allowance)

my case was taken on by the local Crisis Action Team and MBNA were told to stop sending me any further letters as they were causing me distress the CAT also informed them that they would get £5 a month
                          Tuned by RnD Motorsport

Comment

NEVER pay anything via DD. It is a permission to rip you off, especially credit cards.
                            sigpic

Arden Blue Corsa VXR , 18" anthracites, Quaife LSD, AP VXRacing 4pot brakes, KW Variant3 (40mm drop) & Uprated Fast Road Geometry Setup, larger intercooler, 3" Nurburgring exhaust conversion, ITG panel filter, Nurburgring front & back splitters, colour coded roof rails

Comment

I certainly dont pay mine via DD, as Keith said you just give them a licence to do the all the above.

Comment

Working...
                              X